Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just tore my motor down and replaced the stock cam with an AFM B-21 s/c cam, changed head gaskets, new Edelbrock Performer RPM, 42lb injectors, 255 in-tank, t-rex, boost retard, fluidyne radiator, 70mm t/b, and other miscellaneous goodies. Should I do the initial startup with the s/c hooked up, or just not disconnect the inlet tube from the s/c and start it like this. My main concern is getting the timing set to about 10 degrees. I just don't know if the 42lb injectors will drown it out and make it run terribly rich, causing difficulties setting timing. I'm not using the fmu by the way, and will be getting an autologic chip burned within the next couple weeks. I would like to take it to the place running descent though to minimize shop costs. Any opinions?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I'd start it with the s/charger. If you have bigger than stock heads the 42's will be fine. I still need to get a chip burned and my 42's run fine on my combo with a home tune for now...now hot start problems either. I even ran my 42's with no problems for a couple months naturally aspirated. hth

·
Registered
522 Posts
I recommend starting it without so you pump oil into it. I did that and manually spun the pulley for a minute to insure it was lubricated when I put the belt on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts