Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to compare my variable list with others. My goal is to just have a standard variable list to keep general tabs on everything as this is my first startup. Car did startup and idle first try on new software, but I have not run it long enough to complete any of the following steps.

uego_pi_bank1
uego_pi_bank2
RPM
Spark_Advance
uego1_lambda
uego2_lambda
maf_volts
map (not sure if this is the right one for vacuum)
vehicle_speed

Also, are there any issues with using the map on a non-boosted application? I had a GM map laying around so I tossed it in.

Am I using the right spark advance measurement?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
This is the variable list Chris Richards uses for troubleshooting.

This is the main variable list I use.

It's easier to set up multiple variable lists and multiple Desktops for whatever you feel is important. Make sure you click "save" if you want them to be there the next time you open the software.

FYI,
The Desktop is infinite. Meaning you can add as many variables to one Desktop page. Just use the scroll function (located on the bottom left of the Desktop to scroll to the right.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's the right Spark Advance.

Putting together a variables list is somewhat dependent on knowing what you're trying to accomplish. I have one setup for setting up idle. I have another for logging on the dyno. Then I have some others for troubleshooting different issues I've come across. There isn't really a 1-fits-all unless you make it very long which becomes counterproductive in my opinion.

If you're just looking to monitor basics then that's a decent start.

I would unquestionably add Load from under Air Charge. All spark and fuel commands are going to be derived from Load and RPM.

I would add Desired Lambda from the bottom of the Open Loop section. That tells you the final commanded value. Watching the lambda picked up by the widebands is somewhat meaningless if you don't compare it to what your target is.

I would add isc_Desired_RPM from under Idle Speed Control. It at times can be helpful to compare that to RPM. You can't always assume idle speed is supposed to be the value you set it to. There are rpm adders that come into play under different scenarios. Under the Idle Speed > Closed Loop, it's also sometimes helpful to watch isc_PI_Correction.

Under Cooling Fans there are variables for State. These can be helpful to see when fans come on and go off.

TP_Volts like Michael shows is a good one too. If you create logs, it makes it easy to see where you go WOT.

MAP is not what I'd use for vacuum though you could derive it from it. Much easier to use Boost (under Sensors > MAP) even though you're N/A. Vacuum will register as negative psi. Multiply the value by two to get a close approximation of in. Hg. For example, if Boost registers -10, that's 20 in Hg on a standard vac gauge.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's the right Spark Advance.

Putting together a variables list is somewhat dependent on knowing what you're trying to accomplish. I have one setup for setting up idle. I have another for logging on the dyno. Then I have some others for troubleshooting different issues I've come across. There isn't really a 1-fits-all unless you make it very long which becomes counterproductive in my opinion.

If you're just looking to monitor basics then that's a decent start.

I would unquestionably add Load from under Air Charge. All spark and fuel commands are going to be derived from Load and RPM.

I would add Desired Lambda from the bottom of the Open Loop section. That tells you the final commanded value. Watching the lambda picked up by the widebands is somewhat meaningless if you don't compare it to what your target is.

I would add isc_Desired_RPM from under Idle Speed Control. It at times can be helpful to compare that to RPM. You can't always assume idle speed is supposed to be the value you set it to. There are rpm adders that come into play under different scenarios. Under the Idle Speed > Closed Loop, it's also sometimes helpful to watch isc_PI_Correction.

Under Cooling Fans there are variables for State. These can be helpful to see when fans come on and go off.

TP_Volts like Michael shows is a good one too. If you create logs, it makes it easy to see where you go WOT.

MAP is not what I'd use for vacuum though you could derive it from it. Much easier to use Boost (under Sensors > MAP) even though you're N/A. Vacuum will register as negative psi. Multiply the value by two to get a close approximation of in. Hg. For example, if Boost registers -10, that's 20 in Hg on a standard vac gauge.
John I want to be able to watch mine fuel injectors at full boost so I know I’am not Maxing them out. Witch one I have to add to variable list where is it under?

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
John I want to be able to watch mine fuel injectors at full boost so I know I’am not Maxing them out. Witch one I have to add to variable list where is it under?
It's easier to view the required information in a SCOPE set rather than the VARIABLES list. You'll find the information you're looking for under Variables/Fuel/PW

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's easier to view the required information in a SCOPE set rather than the VARIABLES list. You'll find the information you're looking for under Variables/Fuel/PW
View attachment 1056765

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer
View attachment 1056765

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer
Injector duty cycle I see what is the highest number it can go to safe so I know I have enough injector size? My injectors are proM 75 lbs. Michael what size injectors you are running and are those pro M and what is the maximum duty cycle you hit at full BOOST?

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
No knock sensor with the Pro-M EMS as of yet. I run ID1000s from Injector Dynamics and the safety number you speak of depends on the individual.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
135 Posts
Chris, I agree with Michael that using the Scope is preferable, however I would choose to look at Injector DC rather than Injector PW. I don't remember off the top of my head where it is, but it's in the same general area that Michael pointed out. Just look around. You really don't want to exceed 85-90% DC. Given what I know about your combo, my suspicion is 75s are plenty but always good to verify.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No knock sensor with the Pro-M EMS as of yet. I run ID1000s from Injector Dynamics and the safety number you speak of depends on the individual.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer
Michael with your car in full Boost what is the maximum voltage You see on your MAF. I want to see if you are maxing out your MAF sensor with the HP you making

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
That's a good question but I don't have an answer because I'm no longer running a ProCharger D-1 supercharger. Currently, on the car, I have a Procharger F-1A but I haven't solved the belt slippage issues I'm having, so no new dyno numbers and data logs at this time. Trust me, I've been working with a few people including John Janek as we look at different ways for me to spin this blower where I want.

I hope that helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's a good question but I don't have an answer because I'm no longer running a ProCharger D-1 supercharger. Currently, on the car, I have a Procharger F-1A but I haven't solved the belt slippage issues I'm having, so no new dyno numbers and data logs at this time. Trust me, I've been working with a few people including John Janek as we look at different ways for me to spin this blower where I want.

I hope that helps
Michael Plummer
I hope you fix the problem you are having with the belt good luck. My setup is different than yours I have 4.6 with Vortech V-7 ysi supercharger with 15% crank pulley and 2.70 supercharger pulley. This is the problem with superchargers that if you go to small on pulleys then you get the belt slippage. I did everything possible to avoid that by Bigger crank pulley and special coating on Vortech pulley and now I bought a Bigger alternator pulley.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don’t see the relevance of Michael (or anyone else) possibly pegging his meter. His meter’s range was set up for his expected power level. If he moves more air (which I hope he does) with the F1a and his meter runs out of range, then he’ll send it back to Chris and have it reflowed with more range. Whatever happens there has no bearing on anyone unless you know what the airflow 5V on his meter represents.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don’t see the relevance of Michael (or anyone else) possibly pegging his meter. His meter’s range was set up for his expected power level. If he moves more air (which I hope he does) with the F1a and his meter runs out of range, then he’ll send it back to Chris and have it reflowed with more range. Whatever happens there has no bearing on anyone unless you know what the airflow 5V on his meter represents.
Thank you for the input

1 - 15 of 15 Posts