Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up all. I have a 94 Cobra with a blown T5 :eek: I was about to buy a TR-3550 until I was informed that I had to lengthen my driveshaft 5/8" to make the swap fit...but- the reason I cannot use a fox-style T5 is that the input shaft is 5/8" shorter than the 94/95 input shaft...putting two and two together I thought to myself "f*ck the tremec, I can just throw a world-class Z tranny in my car and lengthen the drive shaft anyway."

Heres the thing: My friend said forget that and just use my input shaft that is still good from my Cobra T5 put it in the "Z" T5 and buy a new bearing retainer and leave the driveshaft alone, he said this should work. Is he right or is this a joke?

thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
But......

Yes, that should work, but you need to take the T-5 completely aparts to get into the input shaft, for me is easy to do but if you going to have some tranny shop to do this may cost you a bit.

For me I will just go get an new drive shaft made, My 95' have one is cost me 150 buck, and use SROD bell for the Tremec.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.