Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 88 5.0 with speed density and im getting ready to buy new injectors. i talked to my freind about what size and he told me i could run 24 pound with the speed density with no problem. i always heard any thing you do will mess up idle with speed density but my friend with a lightning put a powerdyne on it and it ran fine

·
Registered
260 Posts
i'll chime in, my 88gt sd had 24lb injectors on it when i bought the car. yes MINE had idle surging problems bad if you unhooked the battery to work on something and the computer reset. after a while the computer would compensate and it would only happen when idling in heavy traffic after a while. it ran super rich though. got about 140-160 miles to 10 gallons but now with old 19's i get about 200-230 to 10 gallons. i didn't notice any difference when i went to the smaller injectors so i don't know if it will help you any. my car is stock aside from the exhaust. i'm not telling you what you should do or not do, i'm only trying to tell you what mine did with them. i'll let you decide, its your car.

Jon

·
Registered
49 Posts
Stick with 19 pounders. The tuner I talked to told me that if you put to large an injector on a car, the air/fuel mixture is thrown off, because the fuel is put in too quickly and it may hurt performance. My son has 24 lb injectors on his 89 LX and he is putting the 19 ib injectors back in. Our tuner told us that this will more than likely help performance! The 19 lb are good till 350 hp!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.