Ford Mustang Forums banner
10121 - 10140 of 10143 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Was going to go to tests and tune Saturday, but it's going to be 80 this weekend, probably last Beach day of year unless we get fluke weather.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good morning all.

80 degrees sounds really good right now. I guess it is supposed to hit 74 on Friday, so I'll take it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks like going to order the 6th gen hid lights from a guy that takes the Chinese built light and upgrades it with better LED's and corrects wiring based on which model you have. He can add additional LED options.

Not going crazy, but getting the demon eye option which add additional LED within the HID glass to change color of hid.

Also getting real LED foglights to swap stock units out.

Camaro I have a tick noise which reading forums its common, but going to check coil wires. I put in TR5 iridium plugs, but people are saying to TR6, even NGK says go colder with 100hp addition. But I read in reputable mechanic forum. That yes the Tr6 would optimal at race track, but daily driving and cruising it's not hot enough to break up carbon deposits and eventually life of plug will fail.

Some say stock LS9 GM plugs are best.

I have extra plug wires from my free set from summit, also have a set I never installed with turbo called Dragon Fire.

Thinking Saturday, install the dragon fire and see if it changes.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good morning all.

Going to try and install a new high torque mini starter on the Torino this weekend. Unfortunately she's in the attached garage and not in the detached garage with the lift.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good morning all.

Well did not get the Torino starter finished because I had to put a new exhaust on Garret's 2006 Acura TSX that had so much rust on it that bolts were actually falling apart, but not all of them, no some had to be drilled out. Only way to get the oxygen sensor out after soaking it in PB blaster for 2 days, using heat and removal tool - had to use a cut off wheel around the bung and then cut all the way up to the sensor on 3 sides to literally break it off. Crazy. Still have one rusted out bolt on the header to try and remove.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Afternoon guys.

I got smacked with COVID on Friday. Not sure who or where I got it from. Fever is finally gone, but all the other symptoms are hanging around. I feel whooped. Also disappointed because I've been locked in a room for the past 3 days unable to help my wife out. She's a rockstar, but I'm definitely going to have to take her out for an amazing date night once this all clears up.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Matt hope you get well soon. That sucks. I think I would have rather had Covid than worked on my son's rusted exhaust system though :)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good morning all.

Going to walk over the city county building and vote. Hopefully I don't get mugged on the way . . .

·
Registered
691 Posts
Been there Brian, worst was it was in Steve's garage. When I used the wheel of death, it caught and edge, went thru trans pan. Jb weld fixed it. Crazy enough it fixed it for 4 years.

Saturday did c&c & farmers market with BRZ, afternoon car show at chevy dealer with camaro. While there, wife called and someone backed into brz sitting on street.

Neighbor backed out without looking and put his trailer hitch into corner of bumper.

Funny enough after few hours in sun it popped itself out. But still has a hole/Crack. Thinking of trying to get a cash settlement. Polish out scratches and crack. Add a nice sticker. Or locate a used bumper cover in same color.

Earlier when driving to c&c brz took a rock in windshield and cracked it. It had a bad day.

Went to beach Monday afternoon high 70's, glad we did, today's is mid 50's.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Still haven't gotten the rusted bolt out of the header where it connects to the flex pipe, but did manage to break an easy-out (not so easy). I'm going to be drilling on that for quite a while it seems.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good morning all.

Finally got the rusted bolt out of the header. The most helpful tool - my dremel. Ground that beyoch down and then found a drill bit that could actually do a little damage to it. I must have spent 8 hours on that one bolt, and probably 4 hours on the rusted on oxygen sensor. I've said it before, but I would absolutely starve, and probably kill myself, if I were a mechanic.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's gotten coldish here 40's in morning and 50's at night

Big car show this weekend

Went to airport that had vintage and experimental planes with BBQ diner. Nice to sit on deck and watch stuff

Airport Mgr has a redeye hellcat challenger

The longest runway is 1 mile
I asked how many times has that done a runway check. Once a week. 165 mph

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good morning all.

I've never, ever even considered a Hellcat. They just have zero interest for me, but it would be cool to have access to a 1 mile strip.

Looking at possibly replacing the bmw with an audi, but still looking at all options.

·
Registered
691 Posts
RS5 coupe would be my way,

If you plan to work on audi at home run away. Most even small jobs require removal of doghouse

Audi R8 that would be sweet

Looking at more improved lighting, someday if I find a deal or just buy oem LED RS taillights, new $900 set , plus diy wire harness additional $300

Or aftermarket C8 style $300 complete

I am thinking of installing 3rd brake lite rapid fire plug in. I have that OE on BRZ. $75

Insurance adjuster coming tomorrow to look at BRZ ,interested on how much $ I get

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Dang we skipped fall and jumped right into winter!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Might get lucky and lights will be before turkey Day. Gives me 4 day weekend to install. Going to order Bluetooth backup camera too. Since front cover is coming off and rear. Front and rear cameras on demand via my phone.

Ordered the Xmas story medium size lamp leg. I always tease my wife we need one. I have a perfect window for it.

Mr. Mnypit taking a break from social media. He wished you all happy holidays. He is ok

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Afternoon all.

Looks like I've got the flu, even though I got a flu shot a couple of weeks ago. Just great.

Good luck with the installs Chris. I'm glad you are back to enjoying the car again.

Stev-0 and Larry we would like to hear how things are going, so don't be strangers.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good morning all.

Still feel like crap. Oh well, tis the season.

·
Registered
691 Posts
We got house 90% done for Xmas. Few things to do.

Looks like lights will be here for camaro before 4 day weekend. If it's cold probably wait for a warm day

Neighbors insurance finally came to look at damage to car. They estimate $900.00. I tried to get them to $1500. To work out a cash settlement, but no go. I gotta take it to subaru get estimate. I was going to fix it myself. Not going to leave car, they can order cover, paint it, call me when it's done to set up install day.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Morning all.

That's a hassle to deal with Chris. It's now going to cost them a lot more money.

The worse thing about being sick is I've no motivation to work on the Torino mini-starter. Before I got ill I had managed to get it installed (with headers it's a pita) but I have to figure out the wiring. Tim Donathen sent me a wiring diagram, but I'm an idiot when it comes to electrical. It has to be wired differently than the one I'm replacing, unfortunately.

10121 - 10140 of 10143 Posts