Ford Mustang Forums banner
10081 - 10100 of 10144 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
1LE is back home 480/460 on E85.

Next plan is to upgrade lights, stock socks, brights can barely see. Thinking of these with a good HID LED bulb and it's box of power. It's plug n play they say. It's got the new gen camaro look. Also doing OEM led tails, used are $700, new is $900. Going new

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Those lights look cool Chris.

Yes the German Shepherds are settling in, but the puppy is still being a typical destructive pup, so I've been working with him when I can. My schedule has just been a little nuts.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Have my car inspection today, little nervous. I did swap out my aftermarket catch can that was vented to stock 1LE setup.

My only worry is the dsx aux pump that is not in use, but the fuel fitting in back of tank looks a bit sketch. But all lines are secured or hard bracket mounted. It's not wired, just going to tell them I might do a LSA swap in future and I will need it.

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
691 Posts
I passed, also had time to plates. All done

Fyi Steve is alive, chatted then other day.

I will let him bring up to date with his fun

·
Registered
691 Posts
To check drone options, going to pull mufflers and I have some bolt on tail pipes, I can use as turn downs. To do some street cruising test. This way I can see if it's a muffler issue before spending money and time

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Glad you got passed that Chris. I don't think I could live in a state with BS smog inspections, but I know there are other benefits to where you now live that probably outweigh that consideration.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just visual, no sniff test. They have the sniff test if you live in or suburb of DC.

Many fear we will get California policy here, but repub governor I doubt it.

If you have 25 year old car, they don't require inspections. But your limited to mileage a year.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Werd.

Still above ground.

Went from livin large in the Bahama's to livin in seclusion with COVID. I got COVID 2 days after returning home and the Wifey got COVID 2 days after that. Today is the first day back in the office in 3 weeks. Only 723 emails!! o_O

Other than that, I hate cold weather.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

That sucks Stev-0. When we went to Montana my dad and step-mom got covid on their return home and I felt bad for them, but luckily they were okay (they are in their late 70's).

Chris that doesn't sound too bad, especially for the older cars, but I still hate that you had to redo your car just to pass the visual test.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's OK, its still a beast.

Not sure if it will become a daily. Unless I change my work hours from 6 to 2. No traffic, cause my 10 minute commute couple days ago was 1.5 hours, my commute home is 30-40 minutes.

If a 2014-2018 911S drops to mid 50's with less than 40k miles. Things might change. C'mon economy keep on tanking, daddy needs some deep discounts

·
Registered
691 Posts
About cars and value
Someone local is selling a GT350 2018 with 6k miles for $78k. People enquired with offers of $50k which is what they go for, Now after bubble burst. He can't let it go less, because that's the pay off. He bought it during the bubble and traded in a car he was upside down on. They rolled it into this. Everyone is like, which bank has the loan. We will wait for repo sale. I bet there is a lot of this in future

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

I keep tacking on the miles on that bmw240i and it has been flawless. Nothing but oil changes for 2 years now, and I think it has over 60k miles on it. Just didn't expect that especially with the fact that it was heavily modded, so likely driven hard by the prior owner, and showed up with an SCCA sticker on the windshield.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I got a show this weekend to attend for PTSD awareness. But my old man problems have kept me down. Tonight it's getting washed, tomorrow paint touch up, Friday clean wheels and interior. Saturday polish.

Sunday is event, car show, food trucks, RC offroad course with sand drags and rock crawl

·
Registered
691 Posts
Weather forecast was rain last night for today, this morning sunny and 70's, sunny when I got home. Clouds form on and off. I think the winds on Chesapeake from ocean kept it to my west. Able to finish

Tomorrow paint touch up, Friday interior, Saturday wax

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I get to put up exterior Halloween decorations this weekend. And change the oil, rotate the tires on the caddy. Stupid caddy - had to order an oil filter; NAPA, Walmart, Autozone, Advance, and OReilly didnt have one in stock. What's crazy was oil selection/availability was very spartan at all the stores as well.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Someone brought in donuts to the office for the 2nd time this week, but several people did not appreciate my "moment on the lips, lifetime on the hips" comment, and I have no idea why.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Well after donuts yesterday they had cake to celebrate an employees 10 year anniversary with the firm. "Brian you having any cake?" "Naw, I'm good," followed by a few angry stares. I have a very bad sweet tooth but I've learned that my teenage metabolism that I carried into my 30's has disappeared and I like not having to buy new suits because my waistline is not growing an inch per year.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You're so mean! But at least you're not fat and mean, so good call to skip the cake.

BTW - what's so special about being with one employer for 10 years?

Well I hope the Vette starts tomorrow. Havent tried to start it in over 4 weeks and I dont keep a battery tender on it.

10081 - 10100 of 10144 Posts