Ford Mustang Forums banner
10001 - 10020 of 10144 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
He said he feels it's too high and is going to lower it. But a few of us recommend putting it on bat , that is where deep pockets will see it.

I feel the number is more like $38-40. You just gotta find people who see the value. But if you want a 8 sec street car that rides like a daily. Not many people can show the proof to back it up

10,000 post, we are legends in the forum world

Saw a dealer with 6 used C8's on lot, but not moving. Can't take to auction because they are dropping there too. DOH!

People can order new for less

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Where's Larry been? Larry we miss you bud! Hope everything is good for you and the fam!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I haven't seen any fb post from him either

It boys only here for 6 days, me and the bear

Off at 2pm, work on a/c and prepping garage door for double sided tape.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

I worked all weekend on building a deck for my mom at her new home. I am really getting old because it was hard to get out of bed this morning.

So my friend Andrew Pennington is selling this, and it's one of my favorite cars. LS swapped RX-7 with A/C and twin turbo. I loved it even more in it's prior wrap, Nardo grey, but the blue is nice too. I might sell the GTR and buy it, but it's unlikely because I still like having rear seats to take extra people around.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
What's up guys???

Sorry, I have been lurking/reading when I can but extremely busy. Football season with left over baseball stuff is stressful at home, but fun all the same. Work has been crazy since our Cyber attack. I am currently on a special assignment team trying to rebuild some of our systems.

LT

Reactions: Venomous1

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

If that RX had rear seats I'd probably get it. It is so clean and so well done, but of course it would probably not be reliable enough to be a daily like my GTR, unfortunately.

Larry glad all is good, and hope the sports teams aren't driving you too insane. I know it's really hard as a coach to maintain any semblance of work/life balance.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Larry saw you mentioned the other day in context about Damon's supra. They showed hp leader board. His supra is back on the streets. Be leary of that thing,

Been a cool week, wish it would stay this way

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm sure it is a nice car, but man, that thing has about 10,000 different problems just waiting to happen. SOOO many different aftermarket systems all cobbled together. Andrew even says in his add, getting the car working has worn him out. I'm getting old,.... owning a car with that level / complexity of modification just doesnt interest me much anymore. For that price, it is a HARD pass for me.

You should buy it Brian - you have TREMENDOUS luck when it comes to cars and especially modified cars, you NEVER have problems with them. 😁

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all, except to you Stev-0, I hope you get herpes for talking sense into me about my dream car :ROFLMAO:

Matt I've never liked Mercedes, not sure why, but they have never been my cup of tea.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I like the Merc GT, but owning a merc that has millions produced parts are not too bad, but a limited qty model, will the parts always be there.

$67.5k wtf , he is playing in a price point of many good cars. New C8, C6 ZR1, '14 911S, GT350R, 09-12 GTR's. The car market is collapsing, he will be lucky for $30k. Better get it on BAT in front of deep pockets, but they want it stock

A/c is working garage so far, going to insulate door an thinking heavy curtains

Some know via FB, project Boostless has begun.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
He's trading it for a procharged GT350. To each his own, but I think his car is far nicer than a GT350. I do think he will get at least $60k for it. The fabrication it takes to get an ls with twins and a/c in is big dollars, and those cars do bring good money. I'm probably going to pass on it, mainly because it would be a pain to add the rear seats with that roll cage and because as Stev-0 pointed out, I don't have the best luck with modified cars, but I've been a fan of that car since I first saw it. I really did like it in the grey better though.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Can't believe we're half way through August already.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I heard that the paint under the wrap is not good. Looking at that engine bay is worse then mine. OEM power added cars is designed for maintenance. OE cars with a aftermarket kit is designed to fit. Aftermarket modified kit increases heat and tight package even more heat. Heat murders stuff. I bet that thing melts plug wires like a mofo, probably has to take it halfway apart to-do simple maintenance. Trust me more maintenance intervals increase. Like Steve said everything on it is custom or aftermarket. You better buy one backup of everything for future. Aftermarket is not oe , not going to keep resupply.

Yes custom is expensive and everyone has their own versions of quality. Turbo kit looks good, but everything in a whole, looks sketch. But there is always a shop willing to take someone's money if they see the value.

A certain shop builds kits for shelbys, charges $65k. Hope this isn't your friends plan.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Didn't mean to sound rude about your friends car. I just don't want you getting into something that will be a potential headache and strain your relationship with him. My car is a little sketch too, trying to fix that. But still be a bit sketch.

Friends tell it straight no sugar coat. Even when you break a clip on a maf connection and you use tape to fix it. He calls you out on it, in front of people. It's love , not mean

10001 - 10020 of 10144 Posts