Ford Mustang Forums banner
9981 - 10000 of 10144 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Why does research and product comparison always makes me buy the pricier unit. Watching consumer reports portable a/c test of my choice. They basically said it was junk. They stated because it's a unit using the air inside the room not only run air across cooler vents, using same air to cool heat side before exhausting out window. They said you can't beat old school window units for efficiency. But not portable. They listed the two best units. One is available and one is not. Bought pricey one.

Also purchase the NASA Tech garage door insulation kit. So many concepts to insulation of a garage door. Vapor barrier for heat, old school Styrofoam, actual corning pink for cold. Door Temps are nuts, towards sun it could be 140. After install 80.

Nasa one looked light too, no need to adjust springs. Also cuts down on noise.

Bezo's said I can get everything next Friday

Hope this helps, my garage faces south and southwest. I get all the afternoon sun.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

As I've gotten older I spend far less time in the garage. Mine would be difficult to insulate and cool and heat efficiently because it's two levels and I have that cut out section for my lift. So while I would love to heat and cool my garage, I will likely just just spend my money elsewhere, like a dual unit for my sunroom, that gets way too hot in summer and way too cold in winter.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I looked at the mini split, but would of required more wiring then wanted. Per hoa, rules it would have to have the n outside unit on opposite side of garage and exhaust duck on opposite side. The internal unit would be near fuse box. With the portable I don't have to deal with hoa and I can use it else where, if needed.

Looks like everything will be here sooner.

I have "windows" in my garage door, not high quality. The insulation will cover them. Which I don't think hoa will complain since it's on inside.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Friday, yea! Taking Monday and Tuesday off do to my parents will be in town. They leave following Friday and delivering Steve's wife's new roomy for 5 days. I get 5 free nag day, no seconded opinions, Steve gets double bonus of opinions.

Thinking of ways to eliminate any cool loss. Thinking of a garage door base strip.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Visited the Circle City Corvette Club Show at Hare Chevy Saturday for few minutes and almost convinced the wife a new Stingray with a Ciocca twin turbo conversion would be the way to go in lieu of the overpriced Z06. Then I decided, na....I like my current ride TOO MUCH. And quite frankly, I REALLY like no car payments!

Oh, the humidity on Saturday was nearly unbearable.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

I haven't even considered upgrading the GTR any farther. What's wrong with me? Old age? I guess the closer I get to retirement (which is still at least 10 years away) the more I value my disposable income. Having said that, next week I'll probably buy a $100k GTR that makes 1400 hp.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Can we get more hours in a day so I can get my checklist done? Please. Fall is coming way too fast.

·
Registered
691 Posts
John is hunting a C5 with a LS3 or LS7 swap or a C6 GS or Z06. He learned the mustang is too limited in autocross and C5/C6 dominate.

So I heard they cracked the C8 computers, but everyone I have seen boosted, needs updated clutches and many require meth injection do to limited fuel upgrades. Sounds like alot of hassle

My ac unit showed up, but been doing family vacation stuff, I am a bachelor starting Friday. Hope this weekend to start project cool.

Also on garage. I saw racedeck now has a old wood floor effect option. Looks cool

I saw knauf advertisement during the truck and indy car race this weekend, wonder if Larry went

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good afternoon all.

John's car looks very well maintained. I'm guessing he has a crap ton more money invested in it than what he's selling it for, but that's generally the case with heavily modded cars.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

There was a McLaren in our garage the other day. So sharp looking, but the fact that the nearest service center is in Chicago, and that they apparently require a lot of service, will prevent me from stepping up to one.

9981 - 10000 of 10144 Posts