Ford Mustang Forums banner
9881 - 9900 of 9905 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I love sticks and drove many 5 speed mustangs throughout winter and summer as daily's, but it definitely sucks getting stuck in stop and go traffic with them. Sticks are great for weekend cars, but not for daily's. That GT500 I had was my last stick car, and it was a blast, but it was also the last car that I did not drive as a daily.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So our local electric power provider informed us that there could be rolling blackouts this summer that they can not control - it is up to the midwest power grid operators. I just love how the USA, in just 2 years, has gone from the most powerful country in the world, you know the one that provides aid and help to every other country in the world, to a **** hole 3rd world country that needs to fly in baby formula from other nations cause we cant feed our own babies, and now having to ration electric power, cause you know, it's hot outside.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
So our local electric power provider informed us that there could be rolling blackouts this summer that they can not control - it is up to the midwest power grid operators. I just love how the USA, in just 2 years, has gone from the most powerful country in the world, you know the one that provides aid and help to every other country in the world, to a **** hole 3rd world country that needs to fly in baby formula from other nations cause we cant feed our own babies, and now having to ration electric power, cause you know, it's hot outside.
I blame it on all the north-siders and their damn electric cars. ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Some states want to end gas cars to electric only in 7.5 years. But they can't even maintain the grid now. Starting to think Elons escape to Mars is his Mexico, after he fleeces the world. IRS and epa probably thinking wow instead of giving electric car buyers tax breaks, we should of charged them more to pay for this grid.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Good morning all.

That's the kicker, is most of the coal driven electric plants are powering these electric cars, and don't get me started on the precious metals and disposal of the batteries. I think there's a place for electric, natural gas and maybe one day even hydrogen cars, but when the government starts trying to dictate those, and picks winners and losers by their policies, that's when it all goes to ****. If we start having rolling brown outs in Indiana there will be hell to pay for some politicians.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well we got hammered last night with storms. Winds topped out at 98 mph. We were in bed and I could feel the wall bowing from the wind. We got lucky and only lost the top of a tree. Lots of people in our addition lost their vinyl fences and trampolines. Unfortunately we lost power and are not expected to have it back until Thursday night.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Learning and pricing generators, neighbors said when they get a hurricane, you can lose power for a week or more. Wonder how far from fuse panel it can be. There is space just outside wall, but it's a narrow alley between garages, gets very wet when it rains. Thinking it would have to go in front in bushes

·
Registered
210 Posts
We are very fortunate that we got power back on yesterday around 7pm. We did lose our food in our refrigerator and freezers, so that sucks but it’s easily replaced.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Glad you are okay Matt. I've been contemplating a whole house generator as well, but I've read the installation cost can be as much as the generator, meaning about $10k total.

Good afternoon all.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Many years ago we had a freezer in the garage full of meat when we bought part of a cow. We went on vacation and I guess power went out. Garage smelled awful. It was like a dead body. Even after using bleach freezer still smelled. We lost freezer and all the meat.

·
Registered
603 Posts
We had a decent weekend, went to beach Saturday, forecast was 2-3 foot wave. Caught one 4-5 foot, made my weekend.

Supposed to be low 90's this week. More inland you go hotter it gets

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Good morning all.

Used a some tow ropes and pulleys with the skid steer like they use to pull vehicles out with and was able to get some massive trees out of the middle of the creek and moved over to the bank to help eliminate the erosion. It worked better than I thought, although I did snap a few straps. Still have lots to do, but it's progress.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Morning was sluggish, forgot my coffee cup, fortunately dunkin is 5 minutes walking time. Nice day out, thought it was change of command day. All the sailors walking around in dress whites and blue Popeye sailor suits. Turned out to be picture day.

I do like seeing them in the whites instead of the desert storm camo, which confuses me why the navy is wearing desert camo colors, instead of not, they are on a Grey ship.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Fox pricing is wierd right now, been watching all around US, it was strong up to about June. I followed a few clean coupes. $16k range They had to drop down to $11k to get any action

A clean GT350 1984 convertible, minor restomod,, upgraded wheels, brakes, nicer 93 interior. He had it for $9k, sold for $6k

Even 93 cobras that were selling for 50k plus, back down to high 20's, low 30's

Either market is flooded or nobody is over spending

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Good morning all.

Sucks Matt, but life and kids do get in the way of completing projects, and it's more fun to drive them than work on them (at least for me but I'm not very mechanically inclined). What are you going to get?

A guy in a supercharged V8 Mercedes (said so right on quarter panel) pulled up next to me yesterday, and I assumed he wanted a race, but I look over and he's just videoing my car. It's crazy how often that happens in the GTR.

9881 - 9900 of 9905 Posts