Ford Mustang Forums banner
9821 - 9832 of 9832 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
My drive can be 10 minutes no traffic, but it is always 30-45 minutes driving home. People freak I guess going thru tunnels.

I wish my neighborhood had a community dock, I would just jetski to work. Work has community docks, it's 2 blocks from my building.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris that would be awesome to jet-ski into work every day. I'd just need to keep a change of clothes at the office.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Good morning all.

Cheer up Stev-0, gas is over $6 a gallon in Cali and will be over $7/gallon soon. In all seriousness, these gas prices are killing working class people making under $10 an hour. When a full day's net pay will barely fill your tank for a week, that's a problem.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Kind of (sadly) ironic - all those that yelled at the top of their lungs for $15 minimum wage not long ago are probably now worse off making $15 an hour due to the rampant inflation and increased costs of goods. I imagine their daily costs have gone up more than their daily take home pay.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
You are correct, for almost all work sectors except a select few, inflation has badly outpaced wage growth.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Here the beach area restaurants are really under staffed and so is obx. So both local governments raised hourly rate to $15. But both areas rent increases are up 25% in va and 50% in obx. 1k rent is now 1250. OBX is nuts cause it's a small island and all the small Apts. That were rented by seasonal workers are all now airbnb satellite office workers. Instead of charging $1500 , now it's 2500 to 3k. Even if seasonal work lived on mainland, the drive distance and traffic (Chicago rush hour type) on 1 access road.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Here the beach area restaurants are really under staffed and so is obx. So both local governments raised hourly rate to $15. But both areas rent increases are up 25% in va and 50% in obx. 1k rent is now 1250. OBX is nuts cause it's a small island and all the small Apts. That were rented by seasonal workers are all now airbnb satellite office workers. Instead of charging $1500 , now it's 2500 to 3k. Even if seasonal work lived on mainland, the drive distance and traffic (Chicago rush hour type) on 1 access road.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Got new plug wires on and one hole is not working. Going to swap plug wire with one I know works. If same result, I will swap plug, and I have extra coil pack that I use to check stuff like this. But going to be mid 90's. Going to either do late Saturday or early Sunday.

That header wrap I did on turbo piping is already flaking off. One side is good, otherside not so much

Turbo blanket that came with kit is fraying bad, chucked it and ordered a dei. I can't run without one, it is right next to plastic inner fenderwell.

Also since I didn't run car for 4 months, battery is dead ,it will jump on box, barely cranks afterwards. Going to replace that today after work.

Hoping to have a boost summer, before going back to n/a life in fall.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris you don't run a battery trickle charger? I never did until a few years ago, and the Nico Genius 1 has been great for me. My GTR battery was not new when I got the car, and she sits all winter, and the battery is still strong with the Nico keeping it charged. I also use a Nico on my skid steer, which has a massive marine type battery.

Not sure we are going to win this battle against the developer of the mega warehouse, but I am having a lot of fun cross-examining the developer and his "experts" at the public meetings. Every time I get up to question them they cringe. Channel 6 did do a report and if you have a moment, click on the story and check it out Residents of Marion and Shelby counties concerned over proposed rezoning

·
Registered
995 Posts
Most reports are now saying expect $6/gal for gas this summer. Fan-phucking-tastic.

Cost of consumable goods - WAY up.
Cost of energy - WAY up.
401k's, IRA's, Investment accounts - WAY down.
Labor shortage.
Continuing supply chain issues.
Interest rates - going up.
Some stupid bitch at a Congressional hearing yesterday said with all seriousness that men can get pregnant and have abortions.
No end in sight.
No stability expected anytime soon.

It's a phucking fiasco clown show with no one seemingly in charge and no one with ANY idea on what to do, .........but hey....no mean tweets, so all is good.

The asteroid that will end all life on Earth cant come soon enough.

9821 - 9832 of 9832 Posts