Ford Mustang Forums banner
9441 - 9460 of 9486 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Morning all.

Dealing with a stupid sinus infection from hell.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Been fighting seasonal allergy/mild cold for a week. I am waiting for it to be done.

50's next couple days, Wednesday is supposed to be 70's. Going to work on car finding which wires are done. Really thinking of doing a coil relocation, but have to make my own plug wires. Will be watching some YouTube tech.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Good morning!

Trying to get a few things done before I head to Michigan for startup support of a new production line. I am heading up Thursday night after a Customer Council and HOPE to be home before Thanksgiving. That is a huge HOPE because there is no guarantee.

LT

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Good morning all.

Drove the GTR today. Probably the last day of the year I can do that, but we'll see.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ordered the relocation kit with harness extensions, the plug wire kits don't have race temp boots. Going to order everything ala cart to parts I want.

Since driverside is the worst. Thinking of doing 90* down along engine block to wire harness area that runs under oil pan to passengerside frame rail to mount coils. Then passengerside do 45* that hop to passengerside rail. Also thinking of getting wire jackets for driverside. Lots of space down below headers on passengerside.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Found a nascar supply shop in mooresville that will make spark plug wires to spec. Saving me money and inexperienced mistakes. Cost isn't much more then buying a set. Plus you can spec even higher quality wires, they also do additional shrink wraps with numbers.

Last night I used the heat gun to locate misfires checking header temps. It was difficult since the runners are short. Looks like 1 on each bank and possibly a 3rd intermittently.

I have the wires that came with the kit that I took off because I hated how long they were, made it look messy. I ohm tested them last night, yikes. Half of them were out of spec, 2 were grossly out. 3 were in spec. I had one where the crimp came out on the coil side awhile back. I wondered how the connection at the spark plug looked. I cut it out of the boot. Wholly crap someone does crappy work. It was a dual crimp. The crimp from wire to fitting was loose. It was maybe snug at best. I have a set of shortys ceramics I was hoping to use, but can't because of clearances. Checked all those to see if my method was consistent, they all were equal. Obviously good quality, wish I could use them.

After last night's experience is why decided to locate an experienced shop to make them.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Chris that sounds like a good approach.

I'm so not ready for winter . . .

·
Registered
512 Posts
You will say same thing about Florida in August. When you shower 6 times a day. Or burn Corvette flags into you hand honking the black steering wheel horn at the millions of retirees with various signals flashing.

Maybe Charleston South Carolina. Middle of America with some mountain roads

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 I'm thinking further south like Middle Caicos. Not much traffic and no taxes other than a small health insurance tax. No property taxes! Could definitely see my retirement dollars going further there.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Good afternoon all.

STev-0 the only island that is expensive in Turks & Caicos is Providenciales. The other islands are well within your budget.

Did you guys see all the millions of dollars being spent by law enforcement to "slow drivers down"? Anyone know specifically what they've been doing? Seems like those mexico runs and random wot blasts might land yo butt in the clink even more so than before.

Gonna finally be able to use the new skid steer this weekend. I'm gonna see if that dozer blade can push some dirt and tear some stuff up!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I heard Larry is as old as steve is now

Brian welcome to Virginia, 20 over is wreck less driving and if you don't have a good lawyer it is 4 weekends or 1 week in jail. Hence why I drive 15 minutes south to north Carolina to do pulls.

Their is more fb car group post about lawyers needed, then Mexico threads.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Good late morning all.

Chris that's messed up. Definitely a community with their priorities out of whack if they are that worried about speeding.

Put the GTR up for year, finally. Parting is always sad, but does give you something to look forward to in Spring.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Good morning all.

Had a scary situation last night. Alec wakes me up at 3 am and says he heard footsteps outside his window. I grab my gun, and my slippers and run outside in my underwear (it was cold!). I don't see anything even though there is plenty of moonlight, so I go around the corner of the house and I hear footsteps running away from me. My heart is beating out of my chest at this point. I'm trying to see the would-be thief in the dark, but can't see anything and I think he's hiding behind a huge tree 20 feet away. I slowly approach the tree, gun up and pointed at the tree waiting for whoever it was to make his move . . . but no move came. I come up to the tree cautiously and peer around it slowly to see, a horse. The horses had escaped and that's what Alec heard.

Anyone know how to dispose of a dead horse (kidding of course but the thought did cross my mind).

·
Registered
902 Posts
My lovely wife is dealing with your sinus infection Bri. She came home early yesterday and had to stay home today. She's a mess. That **** better not be passed onto me or there will be some series hell to pay.

9441 - 9460 of 9486 Posts