Ford Mustang Forums banner

7761 - 7780 of 8477 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good morning all.

Figured out how to adjust the cables on the lift since I'd not adjusted them since I got it and had forgotten how. Works better now although I still need to adjust it a little more.

Got Scarlett cleaned up yesterday and ready to plaster her all over the mustang for sale forums. I don't think it'll take too long, but with this economy, who knows.

No ETA on the GTR yet. This virus mess is slowing everything up.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well the car is being picked up by the shipper (enclosed of course) this afternoon. No ETA but I'm guessing it won't take them long to get it here since they don't haul as many cars when it's enclosed. :sneaky:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Corporate email said same thing, then local replied stating raises and bonus will be as planned since it was based on 2019 sales. Also we are losing engineers left and right. People are wanting ev jobs. If you have 40 years in front of you it makes sense.
I got 11 to go left in my job, then I will a d***head yellow shirt at speedway

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Chris - Ours are based on 2019 as well, which was a record profit year for us, but they wanted to keep the cash in the company for now to see how this whole thing is going to play out.

LT

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good morning all.

Car is already here. It's beautiful but the idiots transporting it scraped the front badly so they'll have to pay to fix that. They had an extra set of ramps but I think because of the rain decided to be lazy and not use them. The car is as clean as it was described but I didn't drive her to work because of the rain.

If you don't mind go out and leave a nice comment for Scarlett - I advertised her on 500+ HP.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well that didn't work. They might block links to it. But it's on the Facebook page of 500+HP page. Here's the links for other places I've listed her:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I remember back in the day when Ozzy Osbourne could eat a raw bat, on stage, and not cause a global crisis.

Times sure have changed.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well I spoke too soon. Bonus and raise suspended, and a 10% pay cut. Its better then 25%, furloughed, or unemployment.

Brian let me introduce you to ricer repairs of body damage. Drill holes and use wire tires to stich cracks together. Its cool because pro drifters do this. No paint work needed, you buy a japanese sticker pack. Cover the whole splitter in a collage.

Bam street cred and less then $40

·
Registered
301 Posts
70* degrees tomorrow, but rain. Going to do oil change and swap out my china invidia copy exhaust for Merica Borla. Its got huge tips

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good morning all.

The damage from the shippers was MUCH worse than I thought because it's all underneath. Their insurance is going to be on the hook for about a $5k repair. High end body shops in town that I can get quotes from? Will probably go to a dealership for an estimate too. They're always high.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have 300 miles clutch, most miles in a month ever. Going to keep trying for couple weeks, but I want get the build going.

Since lot of work people working at home. I can take the cylinder heads into work to steam clean, install springs, and upgrade the roller rocker trunnions.

Then install cam and put the motor back together before installing turbo kit

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Good morning all!

Brian - the car looks really nice but that really sucks about the shipper. I cannot believe they did that.

Chris - our tech team in Europe have been furloughed...20-35% drop in salary during that time. I am just waiting on the ball to drop here at this point.

LT

·
Registered
301 Posts
But they want the same work output, 10% cut I should get friday half day or 2 days off a.month

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good morning all.

This stuff is killing our business. We're not hurting as bad as some, but it's still hurting.

Drove the GTR to work this morning. Drove her on Sunday and thought - eh, it's kind of slow. Well I didn't realize that the button I pushed that I thought was to make it easier to back up by disengaging the front wheels was actually the button for economy gas saving mode. LOL. Set it to R mode today and wow nelly! She's fast. It's a very, very different driving experience than my mustang and I haven't pushed her to the limits at all, but I'm looking forward to getting to know her better. The "woosh" of the turbos is cool.

I think I have Scarlett sold to a guy from Virginia who's apparently renting a car with a buddy to come get her. We'll see.

One things for sure, the GTR gets a lot of attention. She almost got the wrong kind of attention as there was a speed trap on 465 and I thought for sure they were going to come after me (I was doing 75mph), but they didn't. I thought they were avoiding traffic stops and speed traps but apparently not in Indiana!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Clearly your new car has too many buttons.
Just needs an owner who can read a manual before driving it. But yes it does have lots of shiny buttons.

7761 - 7780 of 8477 Posts