Ford Mustang Forums banner

7741 - 7760 of 7792 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well I guess the dealer did go to his dealership (against the current order in Dallas) and was there when Fed Ex delivered the check, so I just need to find a car transporter and I'll soon have my new GTR. I'm guessing I can find a car transporter pretty easily right now and at a great rate.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Brian - are you looking for something private and enclosed or what?

LT

·
Registered
544 Posts
Governor just shut the State down.

Public Works projects and school construction are considered "Essential Business". So I have to still go to work.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Brian - are you looking for something private and enclosed or what?

LT
I went ahead and booked an enclosed shipment. That car is so clean that I think she deserves enclosed. Now I just need a name for her. Maybe Salma, after my favorite Hispanic actress, she's hot and spicy like this car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't forget my 10% finders fee. I am having frank n stangs ptsd over here. :D

Its nice less rush hour, but how come I get behind the slowest dumb people on the road.

Looks like next week some 60's and no rain during day. I would really like to get some clutch time done. If we get full shut down here at work, I can start dissassembly

·
Registered
544 Posts
I went ahead and booked an enclosed shipment. That car is so clean that I think she deserves enclosed. Now I just need a name for her. Maybe Salma, after my favorite Hispanic actress, she's hot and spicy like this car.
Pfft....that's a stupid name. Name it Amaterasu,..... the Japanese Sun Goddess. 😀

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - I don't blame you. I was asking because I might have had a contact or two for enclosed transport, but sounds like you are good to go. Actually, I don't mind the name...between Scarlett and Selma, I think we have the same taste in "actresses." LOL!!!

LT

·
Registered
995 Posts
Good morning all.

Tomorrow is supposed to be great weather so I'm going to clean Scarlett up, get a bunch of pics and start listing her on the mustang websites. She has high miles but still looks amazing and is mechanically perfect. I've been thinking of just trading her in on whatever I get for a new daily, but I can't find any local cars I like for a daily. So I might as well sell her outright and get the best deal on a daily I want. Probably a used Infiniti Q60, but I might consider some other vehicles too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I thought the GTR was the new daily, has the warden approved this two car idea. I bet not. Are you going to get another red car, keep telling her its all just one car.

Decided to remove my rear npp mufflers and run holley zr1 deletes to have 0 back pressure.

I used the online turbo exhaust calculator.

I gotta get miles on clutch, I need to start tearing down

·
Registered
995 Posts
I was going to daily the GTR but this one is too clean. I should have bought a beat up GTR.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I actually am looking forward to having a car that I can only drive on nice days so I don't need to wash it as much. Then my daily I can take to Crew car wash because I won't care enough about it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yep that is my life. My dd neeeds a bath, I thought the ceramic coating would help in winter, but its about the same. The ceramic glass coating was well worth it

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Good afternoon!

Braved the world yesterday and took the heads to Schmidt's Automotive. Found out that the driver's head has cracks in #7 and #8 combustion chambers from an intake valve to the spark plug threads. I found another driver's side head in Iowas last night and ordered it, so hopefully it gets here soon AND it is as good as the seller claims.

LT

·
Registered
995 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Warden's Lincoln Mark LT truck was throwing codes. Turns out it needed oil and was so low the cam solenoid was not operating correctly. Not sure why the oil was so low, but that's a concern. Changed the oil and cleared the code and all is good for now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Warden has a lincoln pickup? Fake veneer wood on side?

Sounds like larry needs a coyote or a 5.3 ls

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Steve - I wish I could. Honestly, I would like to have a nice set of port and polished fox lake heads, but $5k for heads is out of my budget at this point.

Just got word that our company is holding our raises for the time being to see what the economy and business is going to do. They said they will re-evaluate once business is back to normal. Blah!

LT

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Good morning everyone!

It was great to spend some time outside with the family yesterday. Going to try to do the same today before the rain gets here.

LT

7741 - 7760 of 7792 Posts