Ford Mustang Forums banner

7621 - 7640 of 8555 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I owe two more years and that is all. Then start saving for a beach condo to rent out. Then eventually move in and retire

·
Registered
696 Posts
Stev-0 where did you get a quote for low 2's? Is that with no points? I'm getting ready to refi to a 15 year as well and have an 800 credit score but was told 3.0 was the best with no points. Maybe I need to shop around more.
Bailey & Wood Financial. I know some people who know some people. So that might be helping.
Ryan Kelley at the "Home Loan Expert" quoted 3.25% but no out of pocket closing costs (rolled into loan), so the 3.25% is the effective APR.
Waiting on my current mortgage holder to get with me.

I owe two more years and that is all.
NICE!!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Thanks Stev-0 that sounds like a similar deal that I'm looking at.

Well Toyota screwed up my car buying plans. Was potentially going to drive up to Muncie and purchase a Supra if the trade-in offer was good, but now Toyota has just announced the 2021 Supra due out in June will have a 50 hp increase and it's a different engine! Similar engine, but different. Why should this matter when a downpipe and tune can add 100hp to these cars? Well Toyota just made the 2020 car undesirable as a future used car. As someone else pointed out its similar to when GM released the Z06 with 385hp in 2001 and then a year later had a different engine making over 405hp, which caused the 2001 to be the undesirable used Z06.

So I could wait until June and get a 2021 Supra, or just say screw it and get a 2020 now. If they raise the prices on the 2021 Supra then perhaps the 2020 is still a decent buy. I was ready to finally pull the trigger and now I am not.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Problem is the 2021 will be higher priced, where the 2020 are already under msrp

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
First world problems. Transmission went out on the warden's truck. Looks like almost $2k for a new one. Fun. Postponed my buying trip today in light of the transmission woes.

Saw a bunch of certified used 2020 Supras popping up, some with under 800 miles. So the warranty gets extended to 7 years and 100k miles. Given that it's a BMW powerplant that might be the smart move. You know that BMW engine will have big issues at some point. They make piggy back tunes for the supra (like they do for bmw's) that supposedly don't change the car's software. I need to research if those piggy back tunes can be detected by the dealers because the vendors peddling them claim that they are not detectable.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Friend john had a piggyback on his alfa, they never said a thing

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - you bought that thing yet? LOL!!!

Finally go the engine out of the car on Saturday. Now, the teardown begins to see if it is hurt or if I can sell it complete and just buy another fully built shortblock.

2 days in the office and then 3 days in Michigan.

LT

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry at this rate I'll have a new used car in 2025. Now I'm also considering a used GTR. :) Sticking with the ricer theme.

Noticed when I drove Alec's mustang last week that he had no windshield wiper fluid. It has an aftermarket cowl hood and instead of installing the wiper fluid squirters the prior owner simply cut them off and I didn't even notice it when we bought it. Still have the windshield wiper fluid reservoir, just no squirters. So I'm going to see if I can rig something up. Garrett had "blacked out" the headlights and taillights on his Acura but he went way overboard. He put it on so thick that you could barely see to drive at night. I used everything to try and get the black spray off his headlights and finally had to resort to a dremel - yes a dremel, because he sprayed it on so thick. Kids . . .

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Man I did a lot of stupid stuff to cars at his age . . .

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Morning all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So I went to southport and i65 to meet a guy to buy a borla kit for the brz. Getting rid of my chinese knockoff I bought used last year. Interesting dude with facial tats. Paid $130.

Current is drony, the borla is raspy with no drone

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wholly five points area north of southport got some mondo home hoods.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm so awesome! Kooks is making me a "semi-custom" x-pipe with some high flow cats. Wife and I just didn't care for the smelly exhaust smell of the catless x-pipe I installed last fall. Yes, I am wussing out in my old age. It's a long story, but they are taking care of me. Them North Carolina folks are real nice!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Good morning all.

Kooks makes some nice high flo cat set-ups Stev-0 so I'm sure they'll meet your high standards.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
Good afternoon everyone!

LT

·
Registered
316 Posts
Watched adam LZ recent episode he removed his center exit mufflers on his Porsche GT3RS and it sounded wicked, then a cat delete and it was crazy loud, but lost the exotic car sound

7621 - 7640 of 8555 Posts