Ford Mustang Forums banner

7601 - 7620 of 7662 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't believe you. You constantly say things that are apparently untrue. So until verified, I call BS :)
I dont blame you. It's the fun of being my acquaintance. LOL!

Good morning everyone!

Back in the office after flight was delayed until 10:20 last night. I pulled in the driveway at 12:40, so I am dragging a little bit.

LT
I feel for you, delayed flights suck stinky doggie doo! At least it is Friday.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good morning all.

So ready for this week to be over.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can verify after the purchase. His wife told him he is sleeping on couch. So steve made a bed on couch. His wife said wrong couch, the one at your mommas house.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good morning all.

Decided instead of tarantulas and such that we're going to get a Panther Chameleon. They are apparently not easy to take care of but I like a challenge.

Dropped the mustang off to Capital City Ford this morning for the new hood. Then I can actively market it after I get her detailed. The Muncie Toyota dealership has a blue Supra that I might check out that they have listed for $6k less than MSRP, which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere for a premium version, and see how much they'd give me for mine on trade. Doubt they'd give me what I want, but with the money save on sales tax by trading in it might be worth it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
but with the money save on sales tax by trading in it might be worth it.
That is almost always my driving force for trading in a car vs selling outright. The savings on sales tax can be substantial.

Man I am SOOOOOO ready for Spring driving weather. I HATE being cooped up inside like this!

·
Registered
154 Posts
This new clutch and without the helper spring is different. Its light and quick. Plus the new mgw is instant 2-3 maker. No more missed speed shifts. The new pedals give more pedal feel, no mo rubber covers

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris that sounds like it was worth the investment.

Yesterday I drove Garrett's 2008 Acura TL to work and today Alec's 2011 V6 Mustang while my hood is getting replaced. Let's just say I appreciate my mustang more today than I did to start the week.

Started a new workout called Savage 4x4. Not sure I will be sticking with it as I can't move my arms today. I thought "savage" was just an exaggeration, but it most definitely is not.

Got a good collection of digital and analog slot cars now so I've been able to compare them. I love the advantages of digital, but the analog cars just feel better and more realistic to drive. Maybe in time I'll get used to the digital, but man the analog cars are still a lot of fun. My fastest analog cars are about a second faster around my track than the digital so far.

You can race up to 6 cars at once with lane changing on the digital so me and the twins have been doing 3 car races and it's been great.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Chris - that sounds nice. Almost as fast as an auto! :)

Brian - sounds like a heck of a workout. I need to get motivated to get back in shape. The slot cars sound like a good time.

Took a vacation day yesterday and went to the Children's Museum with Easton's class. It was a good time but kindergartners can be exhausting.

LT

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good morning all.

Haven't been to the Children's Museum in forever. Last time I did I was shocked at the admission fee. I guess everything like that has went way up in price but that one surprised me.

Coaching the twins in b-ball tonight in the tourney if it doesn't get cancelled because of weather. It looks like it will all be rain on the southside this evening so hopefully that holds true.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Good morning everyone!

No issue with weather for us, until it gets cold tonight because I was too lazy to scrape the drive before I came to work.

LT

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ya, I dragged myself out of bed early and shoveled the driveway. Glad I did. It was basically 1/2" of slush which would have turned into 1/2" of ice tonight. Not sure the Woman could make it up the driveway if it froze over. I am such a loving, thoughtful husband.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good morning all.

Nothing was too bad on the southside. My driveway was just a slushy mess, but no ice on our 1/4 mile driveway and no issues really all the way into work.

Got the mustang back and the hood looks great. Now just need to see if any dealers will give me what I need on trade, or if I need to sell it outright. I don't think I'll get much more than $27k if I sell it outright, but trade in value is only $21-23K unfortunately. If I trade in I save about $1600 on sales tax at $23k, so I'd still be money ahead if I sold it outright. Of course I'd need to invest in detailing, car advertising expense and the hassle of showing it to prospective buyers too, so it all depends on if I can get the dealer to go above average trade in value or not.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You might be surprised with trade in offers. 4 months ago when we went and bought Michelle's new ride, I expected trade in offers for her old ride to be in the $5500 range. First offer was $6000, we kept haggling and ended up with them offering $9000 on trade in. I was flabbergasted. I guess they either really wanted her old ride or they really wanted to sell us a car that day. Maybe a bit of both.

Good luck RICER!! 😀

·
Registered
949 Posts
You might be surprised with trade in offers. 4 months ago when we went and bought Michelle's new ride, I expected trade in offers for her old ride to be in the $5500 range. First offer was $6000, we kept haggling and ended up with them offering $9000 on trade in. I was flabbergasted. I guess they either really wanted her old ride or they really wanted to sell us a car that day. Maybe a bit of both.

Good luck RICER!! 😀
Wow, that's good to know. Been quite a while since I tried to trade anything in, but I will put my negotiating cap on.

Went on Toyota's website to see which dealerships had the Supra in the colors and options I wanted and interestingly they kept showing the same 9 Supras at all the different dealerships around, even though obviously the cars themselves were scattered around at different dealers. I didn't like how they did that because I know a dealer will work a better deal on a car they have on their lot than one sitting on another dealer's lot. So I'll need to go to each dealer's website to determine where each of these 9 are located.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Brian I know a guy up here in Ft Wayne that wants to get out of his S197 and into an S550. Can you give me just a quick run down of the car and I'll shoot him a message and let you know what he says.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Brian I know a guy up here in Ft Wayne that wants to get out of his S197 and into an S550. Can you give me just a quick run down of the car and I'll shoot him a message and let you know what he says.
Cool, I appreciate it.
She's a 2016 Premium GT fully loaded automatic with Nav and touch screen and leather.
Kenne Belle 800hp package with KB bap and larger injectors (I forget what size)
Tuned by Lund with Ngauge
ATI Balancer
Ford Racing Performance shocks/struts, Steeda Ultralight springs, BMR IRS kit
BC Racing wheels
Solo Thunder cat-back - great sounding exhaust
BC Racing Forged wheels 19x11" in back and 19x9" in front
Mini subs in back with amp
Blacked out badges
Only negative is she has 47k miles but she runs perfectly and has no issues at all. A few touched up scrapes on one wheel but hardly noticeable because of the black paint.
Would like to get $28k with both sets of wheels (stock and those pictured) or $27k with just the stock wheels

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Good morning everyone and TGIF!

LT

·
Registered
514 Posts
HOLY CRAP IT IS COLD OUTSIDE!!

If any of you poor people like me that still have a home mortgage, you may want to look into refinancing (assuming you have at least excellent credit rating). I am getting quotes for 15 year fixed conventional in the low 2's. That is crazy low.
SUCK IT!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good morning all.

It's so cold our furnace can't keep up. Might also have something to do with how old the windows are and how drafty the house is.

Stev-0 where did you get a quote for low 2's? Is that with no points? I'm getting ready to refi to a 15 year as well and have an 800 credit score but was told 3.0 was the best with no points. Maybe I need to shop around more.

7601 - 7620 of 7662 Posts