Ford Mustang Forums banner

7541 - 7560 of 7771 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Finally got the brakes finished on Caleb's '70 mustang (been a minute since I worked on drum brakes) so it can get off my lift, but we couldn't move it because Jacob's Camaro is parked behind it just outside the garage, and the doors on his Camaro were frozen yesterday! I was too cold to mess with it so I'll wait until it warms up a bit and hope the Camaro starts. I need a heated garage, but since I don't work on cars nearly as often as I used to, not sure it's worth the investment.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I was wishing my garage was heated this weekend because I needed to work on the car but I was a wuss and stayed inside in the warmth.

LT

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good morning all.

If I'd insulated and heated my garage several years ago it would have been worth it. Now I make the kids do most of their own work, so even though I helped Caleb with the brakes, I made him do 90% of it. Plus it would cost a lot to insulate and make that garage somewhat warm.

Getting back into the slot cars again has been fun. I've ordered a few new cars, a track cleaning kit, and added some more track pieces. The digital racing is definitely a lot of fun.

·
Registered
540 Posts
First thing I did in the new home after moving in was insulate it. Installed a small-ish ceiling hung electric heater. I keep it around 55-57 deg. Warm enough to knock the chill out of the air but still "cool enough" that it doesnt cost an arm and a leg to keep it "heated".

I hated working on drum brakes.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yeah my garage would need new windows and some way to seal off the upper level from the lower level, which is complicated by the huge hole in the ceiling for the lift :)

I might just go back to a stick - this is an incredible buy in a very cool color Capital Ford of Charlotte NC Capital Ford

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nevermind on that GT350. Just checked the title and it's a lemon buy back. Knew it was too good to be true.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Brian, you're an old, overpriced lawyer. You should be cruising around in a 1988 Cadillac Seville. Stick to the persona man!

Dont forget........

Take it back to the old school cause you're an old fool who's so cool. 😀

·
Registered
174 Posts
Brian just needs to become a member of silo downtown. Use heated garage to work and clean his car, then write off as a business expense to meet and market new clients

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good morning all.

They had a big event at the Silo that I was invited to but Garrett had a football game so I missed it. I've heard it's a super cool place for car guys though.

Did you see that Kansas - K-State scrum - wow!

Going to hit Dreyer and Reinbold on the north side to test drive this M2 Used BMWs for Sale | Dreyer & Reinbold BMW North in Indianapolis
I have no intention of buying it since it's black, priced too high, has too many miles and is not a CPO, but I want to see just how rough the ride quality is since the car reviews seem to indicate it's a stiff bouncy ride. As long as it's not worse than my mustang then I'll consider a newer, lower mileage CPO M2.

·
Registered
540 Posts
So I looked into carbon fiber wheels....you know, 'cause that's how I roll.

Ya,....aint gonna happen in this lifetime. So I settled on getting a $30 magnetic phone mount from Proclip.

I'm definitely a wanna be player.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Looks like Steve is on the up and up!

LT

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good morning all.

Looks like lots of rain coming again. Booo!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Good morning and TGIF!!!

That is all.

LT

·
Registered
540 Posts
Weekend weather looks crappy. At least the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona is on this weekend to keep me occupied.

Still havent figured what wheels or finish I may or may not be getting. Getting some various finish samples sent to me so I can confuse myself even more.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Morning all.

Yes picking wheels is the most fun and most frustrating and most important decision in a car guy's life. Truly. Looking at so many cars lately and seeing so many bad wheel choices . . .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Steve - what electric heater do you have in your garage? Now that I have a 3 car garage I'd like to be able to work on my car during the winter months. I'm torn between getting an electric or gas based on the cost of operation.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good morning all.

Coaching the twins in basketball one last time and we decided to play 3 point knockout at the end and I joined in. Bad mistake. My knees are still swollen. Getting old sucks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Steve - what electric heater do you have in your garage? Now that I have a 3 car garage I'd like to be able to work on my car during the winter months. I'm torn between getting an electric or gas based on the cost of operation.
I have a King ceiling hung heater. I think it is 7500W. Gas will for sure be cheaper to operate over the long term, but depending on where gas line is, initial install costs could be pretty high with a gas unit. You also have to run a vent (chimney) exhaust out the roof for a gas unit. So you have that expense as well with gas. My electric bill goes up about $75 - $125 per month in the winter months when the electric heater is active. Dont forget my garage is insulated almost as well as the rest of the house (walls and ceiling). I would not waste my time trying to heat an uninsulated garage.

Hope that helps.

7541 - 7560 of 7771 Posts