Ford Mustang Forums banner

7501 - 7520 of 7771 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
In case your interested my choice came down to something with a price range (under $45k) that was sporty and reliable. Unfortunately the BMW's, Alfa R's, Porsche's and others I considered didn't meet that 2nd prong. The RC-F with those options was a $77k car brand new, and this one has 15k miles so it's practically still new, but I got it for almost 1/2 of its cost new. I would have needed to get a CPO in one of the other brands and those were too steep for my budget. I strongly considered an '18 or '19 mustang, but worried I'd just want to mod it and wanted to get away from that for a while.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thanks Matt but I got a little surprise while digging deeper into the car. Since it had a clean autocheck I didn't dig further but then I thought "I really should run the VIN just to be sure" and up popped the hail damage auction report. How in the hell autocheck didn't report that I don't know, but the seller refunded my deposit and cancelled the order. I'm really bummed but obviously glad I caught it before it was shipped. I really hate scammers. The seller acted surprised and said it didn't have any hail damage but it only has 15k miles and it was sold at auction with hail damage at 14k miles so he was the one who fixed the hail damage and then put it up for sale. What a POS. Oh well, wasn't meant to be I guess.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Happy Midday Gentlemen!

Brian - sounds like you dodged a bullet there but it does stink because it did seem like a nice car.

Chris - I drive by that everyday to and from work and was wondering exactly when they would open. I wonder if they will have a performance blend or a way to at least purchase drums.

LT

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good morning all.

This rain is a little concerning.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Good morning everyone and TGIF!!!

Yeah, I am hoping the weather does not affect my flight home this evening.

LT

·
Registered
174 Posts
What year RC-F?

Also I was hoping you would get that new hyundai veloster I heard its the new hot ticket

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Good morning and happy Monday!

That was a lot of rain!!!

LT

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good morning all.

Definitely not interested in the Veloster. Don't like the styling. The Stinger GT2 would be an option but I want something smaller. I know people either love or hate the RC-F styling, but I like it a lot.

Found the build thread on the RC-F I want here My Matte Nebula Gray RCF - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

He's been trying to sell it since June and has only lowered the price $1k. He's not the original owner but if you take what it was brand new and what he's put into it, it's a $100k car, which is crazy. I know he won't want to come down much because he's put so much into it, but I'm guessing he'll deal a little bit since he now has a new Supra to play with. I really love everything he's done with the car and I've found a really good car inspector service in Pittsburgh to check it out if I decide to move forward.

This is actually a much better deal and has the magneride suspension option Welcome to Our GMC Dealership in Lubbock- Frank Brown GMC
Practically brand new. Just wish it was a lighter color.

·
Registered
983 Posts
What a crock of ****e! I left negative feedback for the ebay seller who was hiding the hail damage and somehow it's already been removed! I'm going to chat with some of our class action attorneys to see if they want to do a deep dive into ebay's crooked practices.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Got get 'em Z!!

I gotta admit that grey RCF is a sharp looking ride. Wrap's will last on a daily driver?
Yeah that's not a wrap! The guy paid to have the car disassembled and shot with the special anniversary paint that was only offered on their 2019 track edition. So that's actually matte paint that he then had ceramic coated. He's got big money invested in that thing.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah that's not a wrap! The guy paid to have the car disassembled and shot with the special anniversary paint that was only offered on their 2019 track edition. So that's actually matte paint that he then had ceramic coated. He's got big money invested in that thing.

Damn!! Done did it the "right" way. The Steve approves.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Come to the darkside old brian, the c8 will make you the most quickest n/a car in the land till a magnusson 2850 kit is made.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris I just can't get over the styling of the C8. You nailed it with your facebook meme about the new balance tennis shoes look of the C8.

On another note, I still can't believe how strong the reviews are for the GT500. It can really do everything at almost supercar levels, and yet supposedly is docile enough for daily driving. Crazy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Took day off, i got the clutch swap coming soon and I called to get brake fluid spec that was used for flush last spring. Well dot 5 they used isn't available in USA anymore and its not compatible with anything. Getting flush n fill with motul. While here getting alignment less darty. They did alignment here too.

Camaros brake reservoir shares with clutch slave.

After turbo install, will be back to get alignment with the extra weight on the nose

·
Registered
540 Posts
You know, I remember not too long ago 400RWHP was pretty damn impressive. Now EVERYBODY has at least 650RWHP. And you aint part of the Cool Kids Club unless you have 900+RWHP. And 900+RWHP is stupid easy and pretty darn cheap to obtain.

But most of the drivers aren't any better.

Crazy times.

7501 - 7520 of 7771 Posts