Ford Mustang Forums banner

7401 - 7420 of 7456 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
So I saw this car on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Ford-Mustang-performance-package/293325788281?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

There's so much I hate about what this guy has done, but what I hate (stripes, slammed stance, wheels, wing, lights on front grill) are easily removed/adjusted. The wrap I'm ambivalent on. This guy has put a ton of money into this car and the parts are very high end. I've been emailing with him and he claims that the engine does not have the infamous 2018 engine tick found on many gen3 coyotes. He claims he works for Walsh Motorsports and has his own shop. He could definitely use a lesson crafting an ebay ad.
The green calipers are the shiznet yo!!!

Does it have clear title?

Sorry, I'll say it (and I can because I am old).......his add looks like a 6 year old wrote it. I wont deal with people that cant/dont/wont prepare an add that is in proper form with correct punctuation/spelling/grammar. Bugs the crap out of me and doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling dealing with someone with that amount of cash exchanging hands (unless of course I am clearly taking advantage of said individual with zero risk to me 😈 ).

Thanks for letting me rant. Carry on!

·
Registered
875 Posts
The green calipers are the shiznet yo!!!

Does it have clear title?

Sorry, I'll say it (and I can because I am old).......his add looks like a 6 year old wrote it. I wont deal with people that cant/dont/wont prepare an add that is in proper form with correct punctuation/spelling/grammar. Bugs the crap out of me and doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling dealing with someone with that amount of cash exchanging hands (unless of course I am clearly taking advantage of said individual with zero risk to me 😈 ).

Thanks for letting me rant. Carry on!
I completely agree and that's why I don't think I'll get serious about it. A 10 year old could have written a better ad. I have to admit though, just because of the parts and HP potential of the car I'm still tempted to road trip the 4 hours up north to look at. The car is practically brand new with only 3k miles on it and the $22k in parts claim is accurate, maybe even understated.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning and TGIF!

Brian - looks like it is going to be a cold night to watch football. Good luck to Lutheran tonight. Also, I don't mind that car at all! I might even leave it the way that it is. MAYBE remove the green to make it more subtle.

FatFab guys breaking more records yesterday. The white GT350 that was the fastest/quickest in the world @ 8.64, just went [email protected]. It now has a TH400 in it and they were having issues with the transbrake, so Jeremy ran that just footbraking it. That thing is close to 7-second territory if it leaves hare and stays planted.

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

Yes it's going to be cold, and I don't have confidence the team will win. North Vermillion has knocked us out of semi state twice and regionals once, and we've never beaten them. Their coaches are good.

Some of the write ups I'm seeing on the GT500 continue to blow my mind. I read that with the carbon fiber package the car is running ACR times at Grattan. Along with 10 second quarter miles that's crazy to be so good at both. Can't wrap my mind around how such a heavy car can do so well on a road course. It doesn't seem possible.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Horsepower is the cure for many things. All depends on the track layout too.
You'd know more than me about that but according to the reviews the way the power comes on in the car is totally inconsistent with most supercharged cars. Motortrend said that unlike the Hellcat redeye the power comes on so smoothly and progressively that you'd never know it had a supercharger which makes it stable and consistent coming out of corners. I think the carbon fiber wheels make a huge difference too, but no way would I pay $18k for the CF package. That's nuts and only worth it if you're tracking the car a lot.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You'd know more than me about that but according to the reviews the way the power comes on in the car is totally inconsistent with most supercharged cars. Motortrend said that unlike the Hellcat redeye the power comes on so smoothly and progressively that you'd never know it had a supercharger which makes it stable and consistent coming out of corners. I think the carbon fiber wheels make a huge difference too, but no way would I pay $18k for the CF package. That's nuts and only worth it if you're tracking the car a lot.
Lightweight rotating and unsprung mass helps tremendously for sure.

With regard to power delivery, one of two things might be happening - either Ford has a very good traction control PID (and they might - Ford engine and chassis management software is pretty good stuff) that allows for smooth continuous power to the tires, or they might have some sort of electronic boost control - which might also be tied into the traction control PID.

Regardless, they clearly have it figured out and have delivered a well sorted out machine (based solely on the very biased magazine reviews LOL!)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Some of the magazine reviews that are typically not real favorable to Ford are writing some of the most glowing reviews which is what has surprised me the most.

I'm still mulling over the option of a C8 after all the great reviews on it, but I can't get past the styling, especially the rear end. The C7 is such a better looking car.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I didn't see the scores. How did Lutheran do, Brian?

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry they dominated North Vermillion on Friday much to my surprise. Garrett played special teams and a couple of series at linebacker and ended up leading the team in tackles. On kickoff he plays on the very end and North Vermillion's returner busted free on the other side of the field from Garrett and he chased him down and tackled him at the 6 yard line preventing a touchdown on the kickoff. I was very proud of his hustle. It's been a very rough year but he's continuing to do his job.

Next up, West Washington for semi-state who I've been told has two kids committed to IU from their team. Somehow we get them at home even though we've played 2 home games in a row. We've been to semi-state 4 out of the last 5 years and are 0-4, but I'm still not confident we finally break the curse and get to state. Maybe I'll be wrong again.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Go Team!!!

Re: C8 - like you I am not a fan of it's looks. I need to see one in person, 'cause the pics just dont do anything for me. Maybe it looks better in the flesh. I'd be holding out for the rumored 1000HP ZR1 version anyway.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

Watched some film on West Washington and they are very good. LU High will need to win the turnover battle to come out on top in this one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Didn't realize I was on secret probation at corral.
So I been reading, but couldn't post.
So FB people know I ordered a turbo kit piece by piece.
Deciding on turbo vs racing 78/75 .96 ar or precision 76/75 .96. On 8lbs. Been reading and using excel to plan fuel. Going gas, e85 expense is too much. Right now my stock zl1 with a modded fpcm can handle 650 with 850cc injectors. Going to add a bap for safety. Plus if I decide 10lbs fuel is good to 800.

Kit and turbo will be here spring.
clutch and cam (ls9 $109.00) upgrade in june
Fuel stuff in august
Build in sept

·
Registered
875 Posts
Cool Chris. I must not have seen that on FB. Are you installing the cam and the turbo kit?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep, doing clutch, cam, and turbo oil supply and return first. The installing kit later. The ls9 stock cam is cheap and turbo friendly, dont even need to replace valve springs since lift is about same as stock. The valve timing eliminates backpressure back into cylinder chamber. Which can push all the way to the intake on a stock n/a cam. Plus ls9 adds 20-30hp. For $109.00 plus gaskets you can't beat it.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - sounds like they have their hands full.

Chris - should be fun. I like my PTE turbos but I got them before they were bought out by Turbonetics and their quality seemed to drop. I don't know much about the VS Racing.

Trailer tire issues this morning. Was planning to get a new tire to replace the blown one and it now seems like another is going bad, so I am get 3 new ones to match the new 1 from last year. Should be good to go after that.

LT

·
Registered
121 Posts
Didn't know pte was bought out by turbonetics. The VS Racing has quite the following. Its chinese built but managed by U.S. company. I been watching youtube vids and people have had good reliability. The nexgen model I am looking at came out this year year with a new billet vs cast turbine picked up 75hp on builds with the turbos swapped only. No other changes. Took 1st gen dyno pulls, swapped turbo to nexgen same tune 75+ hp to wheels.

7401 - 7420 of 7456 Posts