Ford Mustang Forums banner

7381 - 7400 of 7455 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Steve - you think it was cold Friday, just wait for tomorrow morning

Brian - I thought I saw they killed it on Friday night. Is that correct?

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

Yes Larry they destroyed Park Tudor who was awful. They had some talented athletic kids with size, but they were one of the most poorly coached teams I've seen in a long time. Next up is Regionals and we have to play North Vermilion who has beaten us once in semi-state and once in regionals in the last 4 years. We've never beaten them and their well-coached mid-line offense, and I'm guessing they'll beat us again. We might be ranked #1 in 1A but we're not really that good. Our competition has just been really bad this year. We'll need some turnovers to get past them.

I'm really starting to like the GT500 in Iconic Silver, stripe delete. Rapid Red is also nice, but it's very similar to the Ruby Red of my current GT. Performance Blue is my 3rd choice but I want to see them in person.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Almost killed the wife and I Saturday while driving the Bolt.

Cool pavement temps, cool tires, 700ft-lbs of torque and me not expecting traction issue at 50MPH while accelerating in 3rd gear turned out to be an eye opening combination.

Mods to make 700ft-lbs...........$5000
1 tank of 93 octane gas............$35.12
The look on my wife's face as we we unexpectedly ended up sideways between 2 cars on the entrance ramp to 465 at 50MPH..........priceless

Might have to turn the nannies (traction control and stability control) back on............nah!

Fortunately my ninja like reflexes and superb driving ability saved us.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Ha ha Stev-0 you might need traction control to keep your wife from visiting me professionally. :)

I actually had something similar happen to me that I was barely able to correct, but I was alone. It doesn't take much with that much power even when it's not cold. The HP we're running on the streets today is literally insane. But we always want more.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
700 ft-lbs...childs play! You kids need to step into the big leagues. LOL!!!

Brian - I also saw the New Pal rolled pretty easy as well. I have heard they have another great team this year.

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Larry yes New Pal is probably the best football program in the state. They play way above their class and dominate. It's truly amazing how consistently good they are for such a small school. They constantly whip up on bigger schools.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good afternoon!

Talk about an early snow that I didn't expect. I thought we were getting flurries.

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good evening all.

So Garrett thought he could drive home "really slow" on a flat tire. Guess who had to change his tire on a busy 2 lane road? UGhhhh - teenagers!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

So tired of all the downtown street being torn up. Adds so much time to my commute especially with all the bike lanes and lanes taken up for building construction. Downtown was easy to get around, but not anymore.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Well, woke up to Rachel complaining here car would not start. Long story short, it looks like I will be putting a new battery in this evening. At least it is in the garage and should be relatively easy to do.

LT

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well stupid me spent $40 to send my shocks on a vacation to California. I bought some low mile used Bilstein HD's for my IRS swap and sent them to MM to be grooved. MM called me yesterday saying they were already grooved. PALM TO FACE. When I received them I only opened the box to make sure there were 2 in there and then taped it back up and sent it out to MM.

Larry - I had to change my cars battery at the beginning of the year, but mine was outside. I think it was -25 wind chill. NOT FUN.

·
Registered
875 Posts
This weather will find any weak batteries. With the fleet of 10 vehicles I maintain for the warden and the kids, I'm always changing out batteries. It sucks because they aren't cheap, although some of them do have warranties which helps.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

It was the battery. The car actually started last night several times in a row, but I pulled it anyway. AZ confirmed it had low CCA, so I got a new one. That thing was only 38 months old, so I received some money towards the new one. At least I should not have to worry about that for a while.

LT

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Well stupid me spent $40 to send my shocks on a vacation to California. I bought some low mile used Bilstein HD's for my IRS swap and sent them to MM to be grooved. MM called me yesterday saying they were already grooved. PALM TO FACE. When I received them I only opened the box to make sure there were 2 in there and then taped it back up and sent it out to MM.

Larry - I had to change my cars battery at the beginning of the year, but mine was outside. I think it was -25 wind chill. NOT FUN.
I put one in my truck about the same time but it had not died yet. I just didn't want to be stuck in the cold. I did change my father-in-law's fuel pump in a gas station lot in that same weather and it SUCKED!!!

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
So I saw this car on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Ford-Mustang-performance-package/293325788281?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

There's so much I hate about what this guy has done, but what I hate (stripes, slammed stance, wheels, wing, lights on front grill) are easily removed/adjusted. The wrap I'm ambivalent on. This guy has put a ton of money into this car and the parts are very high end. I've been emailing with him and he claims that the engine does not have the infamous 2018 engine tick found on many gen3 coyotes. He claims he works for Walsh Motorsports and has his own shop. He could definitely use a lesson crafting an ebay ad.

7381 - 7400 of 7455 Posts