Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1758 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Stev-0 the same thing happened to me. Although I'm cracking up at the handle they gave you. I've emailed the administrators of the website to try and get my old handle and stats back.

Couldn't get the KB install completed because something screwy is going on with the electrical and the outlet nearest the lift is dead. The lift won't operate with an extension cord plugged into a working outlet. I pulled the outlet apart and even switched the guts of it with a working outlet and nothing. Because of how I have the car set up right now on the lift it would be really hard to finish this without that lift working. When I finally get home from football practice I'm going to try again to figure out the electrical issue.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Larry thanks again for the help with the wiring on the car.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good afternoon all.

She lives!! Got everything done finally but had to jack the car up on the lift to complete everything since the outlet nearest the lift is still not working. Drove her to work and everything is fine. Larry's going to put the BAP in for me and then I can get in boost and start data logging. The base tune drove great, no hiccups at all. Lund does their tuning for them. Can definitely feel the weight of the system on the front end, but it does look completely bad ass.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Holy crap, just realized that when they gave me this new handle of Venomous1 they somehow restored my old sig. That's crazy. 400 hp, actually 400.5, was a big deal back then - ha ha!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Yes I was rolling into the throttle because I've read other guys getting their cars sideways with these KB's and didn't really want to check my "save" skills just yet. I think the base tune also has some safeguards built in to keep you from getting too stupid before datalogging and getting the tune spot on. It was completely cutting out at about 6500 rpm or so as they probably don't want you in boost at high rpm until the tune is finalized. It does pull like a freight train and at times I was just trying to hold onto the steering wheel because of how much it threw me back in the seat. The n-gauge is so cool, sits perfectly in one of the A/C vents, and looks like it came from the factory. Thanks again Larry for the assist on the wiring.

Glad the pistons and rods look good Larry. I think it's smart to keep the build local too. That way if it isn't right you aren't shipping the engine to another state to have it fixed.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

I did some base datalogging for Travis and with the instructions he sent it stated "stay out of boost completely until I give the ok" - lol - too late. I have stayed out of boost since Larry and I went for a drive. Anxious to get the next revision, which still won't allow me to get into boost, but I think the next round of datalogging will involve me getting into boost, so after the 3rd tune revision should be okay to get into boost.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Travis sent me this today - "Logs look good.. Please grab me a log from 2500 to 5K, wide open throttle in 3rd gear. :) Car will not feel super fast at this point.. It's only got 12 degrees of timing." If it only had 12 degrees of timing when Larry and I went for a ride, it's going to be scary once they get this tune dialed in.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The nguage has a mini sd card that records the datalogs, you pop it out, put it in an sd adapter, plug it into your laptop and email the tunes or logs. Very easy. You can also use a mini sd cable and not even mess with the sd card, but my laptop battery is dead so it must be plugged in to work. The fact that I was able to figure it out and make it work on the first try means it's really easy.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good evening all.

Sky glad that nothing serious happened with that brake situation.

Waiting on the latest tune revision that should finally add some timing and start to make more power. Should be emailed to me on Monday.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Chris my '16 is an auto. Not sure how much boost I will be seeing with this kit. I think around 10 lbs. with this pulley. Lund sent me a regular tune and a cammed tune. Should be fun to play with them. I still need to do more datalogging for them to dial in the tunes. Haven't downloaded the latest revisions yet, but I hope to do that tonight after football practice. Finding a place to do a WOT pull in third gear to 7200 rpm is not always easy.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

So busy yesterday with work and football that I didn't get a chance to download the new tunes and do the datalogging. Really interested to hear what this cammed tune sounds like with the exhaust I have. Other cammed tunes I've heard sound bad-ass.

So some tool on SVT posted in my sale thread about "why was it repainted" - I had to show a lot of restraint in what I posted in response. If any of you have accounts over there and can vouch for the car that would be awesome:

2013 GT - Super clean and custom finish

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I should have listed the '13 earlier in the spring. Got a guy from Kentucky who's very interested and supposedly bringing cash with him in the next week. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Dang Larry, sorry to hear about that. I'm guessing those heads aren't cheap, especially with the hardware to handle your hp level.

Went to download the cammed tune only to realize Travis forgot to attach the file. I've emailed him but haven't gotten a response. So not sure when I'll get to check out this new cammed tune.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Larry really glad you found a set of heads that will work. Hopefully they're in good shape.

Matt hope you get the new job. That Ft.Wayne Lutheran team is coming down here this year to place us in football, so I won't be getting up to Ft. Wayne this year unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry glad you are making lemonade out of lemons. I need to do that more often.

Anyone going to any car shows or to the suds Saturday? I may take Scarlet out.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Dang Larry, that's surprising but hopefully that will help with the new motor and keep it together.

Didn't go to the Suds on Saturday because of the rain. Other than Saturday morning didn't get the car out all weekend. Definitely a crappy long weekend. Wasn't even able to get the pull to 7200 that I need for datalogging. Had planned to do it Saturday night but rain derailed those plans. I tried the cammed tune and it does sound good, but they need to refine it a lot, which I'm sure they'll do after I send them the log.

Welcome to the hangout Jeff.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good morning all.

Still haven't completed the datalogging. My grandfather passed this week and it's been really rough on my whole family. I'm going to try and get the datalogging done tonight. My grandfather loved auto-racing and I know he'll be smiling down on my efforts to get this kenne bell kit tuned and finally buttoned up.

This guy from Carmel that I've mentioned before "olaosunt" that posts ALL the time on the mustang6G forums has now lost his 3rd motor! And this one was an aluminator. He has the hellion kit. It seems like the people popping motors on the 15's and 16's are running twin turbos which is odd because conventional wisdom says they are less stressful on the motor and opg's. There have been a few pop motors running pd blowers and even some high hp centri's, but a very large percentage are actually twins and not all of the twins have been pushing massive hp. Maybe I dodged a bullet in not getting the twins? Here's one of many threads where this olaosunt talks about blowing his 3rd motor: Strongest motor for approx 5k? - Page 2 - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

1 - 20 of 1758 Posts