Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 2313 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
BG did not go as I had planned. Never made a clean pass. Here is the quick rundown.

Tnt Friday morning - Blew the tires off 2.04 60' and [email protected]
Rd 1 Qual Friday night - hooked so hard the crotch strap caught the seat adjuster and slide the side all the way back. Had to drive down the track slouched a little just to get the pedals clean. Shut it down going into forth because it was crazy lean...battery light on.... 1.406 60' 10.42 @115 - new rebuild alternator TOAST!!!!
Found a few spares from other racers and stuck one on. Started the car and it was charging and there was no unusual noises or rattles coming from the motor.
Rd 2 Qual Sat noonish - gave it too much on the line and spun a little 1.52 60" Car started breaking up in second - lean - lifted and tried again and same result. Abandoned the pass and the weekend at that point.

The alternator that I run is 220 A and the one on the car was likely 110-130 A. Just dont think there was enough there to support the setup and tune. Still hoping the motor is safe. Pulled the plugs and all looked good. Going to get the alternator issue straightened out and go from there. Very disappointing because the air was INCREDIBLE and the track was hooking HARD! I really think the weekend would have produced a 9.6x @ 140 if I did not have electrical issues.

Tim Holt was on a mission. Put his Kurgan tuned, E85, stock unported blower, stock irs, stock 6 speed in the tens with a 10.89 @ 127. The car was sixtying in the mid 1.5s.

Also pleased to see Jeremy Stewart take his vert to a new PB of 10.53 and backed it up in the first pass of TS with a 10.59. He was beaten out of the 11 sec class win with a 11.019 average to his 11.029 average of 3 passes.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Back in the office today.

Matt - I have the UPR extreme double adjustable uppers, baseline double adjustable lowers, baseline street ARB, UPR Coilover, Strange 10way shocks, and Racecraft LCA brackets. The front is full UPR with Strange 10-way struts.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Afternoon everyone!

Just spent the morning in the warehouse helping with inventory count. Kind of nice to do something stressfree!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I sure wish I took today off to spend at NMCA. It looks like it is going to be a good day for racing. I am heading out tomorrow and taking the lil man with me. The weather should be great and going to get him his first experience at the track. Plus Uncle T is running TS and shooting for the 11 sec overall win.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - that had to be awful!!!

Out in the plant today supporting a new product launch. At least it is going smoothly...so far.

Took Gage to a pumpkin patch on Sat and another one in Sunday. We all had a great time but it is crazy to how fast he is growing.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning all!

I like the 76 as well.

19 hrs at $350/hr. How can you survive with that type of rate? LOL!!!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Wednesday and TnT. Too bad my alternator is not going to be here until tomorrow. Looks like I will not be making any more passes this year. That sucks because I know the car has a 9.6 or 9.7 in it, particularly in this cold air. Oh well, there is always next year...wonder if I will change combos or not!?!?!?!? :evil:

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I tried to get Hartman to trade for a low mileage clean GT500 but he said he was not interested. I figured it may fit him better or at the least he could sell it easier than the cobra. I love that cobra, though. Solid axle swap and it would be low 9s.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
I think it was also the color of his old terminator.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning guys!

Chris - the latter of the two. :)

Skyler - Carlos is not dunking tonight. I am going to take his spot.

Well, found out yesterday that I am leaving for New Zealand in two weeks. When I was talking to our travel agent, I found out that in order to get in to most countries your passport has to be more than 6 mos from expiring. Mine expires in March, so I obviously need a new one. Since I am leaving two weeks from today, I dot have time to expedite one through the mail, but have to go to a regional agency and renew in person. The closest one is Chicago. So, I hopped on a 6:15 am flight this morning, flew to O'Hare, took the L down to the federal building, renewed my passport, and now back at the airport waiting on my 12:05 pm Central flight. What a cluster!!!

See everyone that is going at the dyno tonight. I have 275/60/15 radials on the car for this and will have a bag of ice. Hoping to break 750 rwhp...as long as I did not hurt anything in BG!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Congrats Bob!!! Hope this one works out.

Jason - the cage looks nice. Definitely going to stiffen the body up!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Congrats Fred!!!

Jason - I am assuming it is, but is it chrome-moly?

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Haha Chris. It's just personal preference. No one will ride back there. I don't like the looks of rear seat deletes and wanted to keep it a full interior car. :)
You can still put the car seat in there!!!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Only day in the office this week, so it looks like I will be busy just trying to catch up.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
MULLET MACHINES!!!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Jason - the car is looking good. The intake piping looks nice and clean. Cant wait to see it complete.

Good luck Bob!

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Jason - the fuel cell looks really nice. The fit of the top panel looks perfect.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Looking really good, Jason. I cannot believe how much room there is to work.

LT

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

1 - 20 of 2313 Posts