Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
surprised no one has snagged this

ttt
It’s super cool but you can make as much power with a non ic vortech. Lots of parts and hassle to make that work. If I was looking for another project it would be nice to have if upgraded.
Someone will snag it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
550HP at high RPMs is nice, but the real benefit of this kit is the 700ft-lbf torque at low RPMs... something you'll can't get from a belt driven centrifugal supercharger. That low-end torque makes the car a rocket on the street.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Bump for an awesome kit and great seller. I'd be running this kit if it worked with my AC. This kit is one of the best designed Mustang twin turbo kits ever. George Spears is a genius.

Reactions: TurboT

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wish I could have test fitted those manifolds. If I thought it would have fit my 87 V8 Ranger I would have snapped it up months ago. Now I know it won't fit because I added A/C.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I wish I could have test fitted those manifolds. If I thought it would have fit my 87 V8 Ranger I would have snapped it up months ago. Now I know it won't fit because I added A/C.
Does the Ranger have a 94-95 GT front accessory setup?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can't use the turbo kit with a SN front accessory drive setup.
I doubt that applies in my case. I've removed the A/C compressor from it's stock location and cut off most of the bracket, as well as removing the smog pump. I used the smog pump mount to make a custom adjustable bracket for my A/C compressor. It's my frame rails that cause most of my problems with kits like this.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts