Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
USAF retired
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm want to know how much room you have between the oil pan and the steering rack. I don't expect you to crawl under and measure but if you can just eyeball and let me know how much room you have I'd appreciate it. Also I'd like to know what motor mounts you have drop or regular.
I'm trying to figure something out with hood clearance for the LTD.

Thanks,

·
USAF retired
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ian,
anyone else??

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
umm ill let you know tomorrow probably i have a stock pan and rack with standard height solid mounts, i gotta do the overdue lof on it so ill check it but off hand id say like a 3/4'' or so i think

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have about a pinky fingers worth on mine, using stock vert motor mounts.

·
USAF retired
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DsuperA said:
I have about a pinky fingers worth on mine, using stock vert motor mounts.
Have you got a canton/milodon or stock Ford double hump conversion pan?
Thanks for the replies so far

·
Registered
563 Posts
My friends 83 capri has about 1/8" between the pan and the k-member.....He has the stock power steering rack, FMS stock type swap pan, hpm drop solid mounts, with 1/4" spacer plates between the k-member pads and motor mounts....Its REALLY tight, but he has clearance...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Motorsport swap pan and prothane motor mounts, with a stock kmember and power steering rack. I could reach my whole hand up between the pan and the rack id say .75 at the tightest and 1.25 at the loosest. I have almost no clearance between the 2.5" hood and the throttle body. Now I have a AJE tube K member and a carb so I picked up some room up top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts