Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Although I've learned alot in the half a year or so, I'm still trying to soak in every bit of info I can on this modular stuff (damn windsor minded bastard I am :p )

Here's my question:

I'm about to install a vortech s trim (v1) on my 98 cobra....got some goodies on it, but want to make sure everything is done right.

I've considered several options for other performance gains, but had not really looked into an IMRC delete project until now.

Would this be a good idea in your opinion? And what exactly is involved in removing this set up? Labor time? Parts and tools envolved?

I've been told for an N/A street driven car that it's better to leave them alone, but for blown apps it will help slightly.

Any thoughts?? :confused: Thanks corral!!! :salute:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just wrote a thread on this it isnt exactly what you are asking but it might help. Just look down the page a little.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm still running them in my 16psi Cobra. The supercharger isn't going to do much for you until after 4,000rpm and the loss of the IMRCs is going to hurt you below that.

Since the car is primarily a street car I'd suggest keeping them. When you get the car dyno-tuned, the tuner can adjust the opening rpm to smooth out the transition, then they'll be a benefit down low and not a hinderance up top.

Tom Crews

1 - 6 of 6 Posts