Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't give a rip about the domestic vs import thing. I feel there are ALOT more important things in my life to concern myself with than this juvenile argument. However, I do love a good race and with that said, I am asking you guys to check out this link.

http://www.modernmuscleofmn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000339&p=2

We have a domestic vs import race brewing and a couple of "talkers" trashing (in fun) V8 racers. If this is the kind of thing your interested in, then make a point to find out when this race is going down and show up and "boil some rice".....lol.

One of the posters is Dave and he claims he is going to have a 9 possible 8 second twin turbo import that is going to stomp on the V8 cars. I know we have alot of twin turbo Mustangs, Genes NA 9 second Fairmont and some other stroker cars that will put this guy in his place really quick. If your interested, lets do this. I guarantee I will be there unless the government says otherwise (I am in the Army).

Again, this is for fun. They are not getting personal. Though this Dave fella seems to be getting a bit cocky.

What do you guys say?

Why the heck is the content not showing up?????

·
Registered
335 Posts
We'll be there to back you up!

Hey Ed, count on us being there to watch your back...just had some rice&chicken myself and see no reason that the FlashBack shouldn't get it's fill ;)

Should be out in a few days, hopefully this weekend...if not, next.

Keep saying that, but looks like progress is being made finally.

There's no turbo, blower, or NOS on the Flash..."All Killer...No Filler!!" DOT tires, mufflers, and licensed if your interested.

"We'll take'em all on Toad." John Milner 1962

G.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on! I am really wanting to do this. I posted at that link and am waiting for them to get it together. I will be there and I am sure we will have enough V8 representation to do it right.

Hurry up on that motor! :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
One of the posters is Dave and he claims he is going to have a 9 possible 8 second twin turbo import that is going to stomp on the V8 cars.
Actually, the motor is a twin turbo Supra motor that has been upgraded to a large single turbo, sheetmetal intake and lots of other goodies backed by a nice powerglide. He likes to get cocky sometimes but he mainly does it to stir up some competition. He fabricates most of his own stuff and currently we are in process of fabbing up a turbo kit for my 90 Stang. Anyway, it's all in fun. He just gets tired of lining up against the normal slow imports and wants to run against some fast competition.
See you all at the show! :cool:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave,

We all realize it is in fun. This should actually be a very good time. Lets start stirring the pot!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Actually, I'm not Dave. I'm Paul. I drive a 90 Mustang and he drives a 94 Toyota truck with the Supra motor. Definately all in fun though. :cool: See you guys at the track!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sounds like a good time!

Gotta respect the people that can build their own stuff, there's some talented people out there. Albeit, misguided at times;)

Ed, the "custom" pushrods came in today in the right box, with the right part number billed out...but with ones that were too short for our setup!!! I'm told that that's the last thing we're waiting on...IF...IF they got re-ordered today in time to ship out on FED-EX we'll have them tomorrow...then we should be able to make some noise!

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the guys in MN with the extremely FAST turbo Blue Mustang? I think he'd be able to handle the baddest imports around!!! My little SBF Fairmont will only do so much...no power adder here.

How cool would it be to add a big turbo?supercharger?nitrous? setup to the ole FlashBack and enter PRO50 with the Fairmont :evil: We'd have to change our names from Scott, Terri, Gene, and Dwayne to Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty........................
which IS better than the way some (Ed) refer to us already!!!!

Later, Keep me posted.
G.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"which IS better than the way some (Ed) refer to us already!!!! "

OUCH!

"Does anyone know how to get ahold of the guys in MN with the extremely FAST turbo Blue Mustang? I think he'd be able to handle the baddest imports around!!!"

That will be in the works, along with that dude from Nebraska that had that low 8 second ride last fall at CFR. I just need some dates. We definelty have these guys covered.....lol. That is why I said, it is all in fun. It should be cool to meet them and get some more folks to CFR to show them how much better it is then the "Slippery" Rock....lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmm, rice.................(burp).....

Is this 'rice vs. americana' 'cage match' going to be going on 'also' on the 22nd of June?

I've already primed momma for CFR on that date.

Ed, as far as slippery rock, I only went there once this year, and spun like a mutha......(*every run).....
Been trailering out to Grove Creek, (in litchfield, minn), 1/8 mile track, ever since!
Going out there this sunday as well. (under the lights racing.......should be fun);)

Again, look forward to going down to CFR in June!!!!

(for what it's worth, 'slippery rock', has been unindated/infected/overrun' with ricers as of late).......

that's the biggest thing they 'blame' the lack of traction on, at the track............all the 'slow streeters'.........:barf:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GREAT! Yeah, I am pushing for the event to happen on that day in conjunction with our open comp format Gene and Terry have set up. That will be great to finally see your car. Your in the 8's???? This should be a fun, fun day.

BTW, Litchfield is not far from where I grew up. I am from Mound, MN. Small world....lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hello Ed..................

8's??????????????? :rolleyes:
I can't even hook up enough to get into the 9's!!!!!!
Slippery rock won't let me get there, and Grove Creek, (1/8 mile), is better, but still spin.

(running 4 lbs in the slicks, and still spin).:eek:

6.47 @ 111 in the 1/8th, tho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:eek:

(should be fairly close to a 9.90)?>

Again, look forward to doing the CFR gig!!!!1:joy:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Adapt and Overcome

Do we want to try and run two seperate events on the 22nd or do we want to modify the O/C event to just the Heads-up Rice Stomping race? Or O/C race the imports? Pro Tree either way right?! .400 or .500???????

Personally, I think Ed must've just got done reading "Doolittle's Raid" recently :eek: and he said he didn't put too much into this sort of thing :D

Gonna be fun either way!!!

Later, G.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your call on running both kinds of races at one event, (i.e. rice stompin' and oc).:D
I've never run a pro tree before, so that in itself should be interesting!
Do you nail the 2-step the second you (if you're first), or after your competitor has staged completely?

I mean, running the plain old amber, amber, amber, you better be gone method, I"ve got plenty of time to set the throttle, and think about leaving, but with the pro tree, I"ll have to have a couple of pepsi's before I run, I think..........:rolleyes: Between the alzheimers, and old age, I need all the help I can get!!!!!;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
After going to that 'other site' and reading 'their' responses/thoughts on the 'race', I have some thoughts.

You should probably run 2 different events. An OC, and a 1 vs. 2.
You should probably give racers the choice of pro tree, or not.

Only my thoughts, so don't put a whole lot into them.

I do need to know for sure if it's gonna be June 22nd tho!

(gotta start saving my pennies and dimes for gas money!!!):)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think they have decided on a date yet. I think I did suggest to them the Open Comp day on the 22nd that Gene and Terry have going. I hope to hear from them soon. I will definetly post it when I do hear.

·
Registered
335 Posts
June 22 a definite either way...

Anyone who can get down here on the 22nd should definitely get down here...O/C or import version. The April 28 race was a washout and the track has put the O/C dates on the schedule listed as a "Ford Club Race" so it'd be nice if we had at lest a few cars show up.
If it ends up being a Import VS Ford race I think we should go strictly Pro Tree and Heads-Up...
Don't know if we'd have enough time to run two completely different races in one day...

Later, G.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Racing's racing! I'm planning on being there!

(pro tree or not):rolleyes:

Being as it's gonna be a 6+ hour road haul for this old man, what'd be the best time to leave? In the nite before, and try to get there in time to catch some ZZZ;s, or early in the morning, and just drive straight there?

(never gone this far before).........Brainerd a bunch, 3.5 hours........

·
Registered
335 Posts
FRIDAY NIGHT

There's a Test & Tune scheduled for Friday night too guys...come on down the night before!!!

G.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts