Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not going for power as I wont have a system in there. I just want something that looks great! Whether it be CD/MP3/WMA
pop up screen for DVD, whatever. Tell me some makes, models to look at. Even some pictures would be great too.
:)

Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Surf on over to http://www.crutchfield.com and see whats new.

I used to buy refurbushed Sony stuff from the Sony factory store in Birch Run, MI. If I had to pay full price, I would stick with Alpine or Clarion.

If you just want something inexpensive that has a big display with bright colors that "bounce to the beat", get a Jensen from Circuit City or Best Buy and have it installed. Then, if it goes south, you can get it warrantied locally without a hassle...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I say pioneer is best sound for money. can't beat the mosfet 50 amp and super tuner. Just picked up the deh-p6600, 212 bucks at best buy. very pleased.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
1,054 Posts
My Clarion DXZ745MP is one of the best decks I've ever owned and I've had everything from Alpine's best to Sony's old ES line. Don't listen to the hype and 'net BS, most decks these days all sound the same after you tweak the settings a little.

If you want a smoking deal I'd buy this little gem through Crutchfield for $200. If you buy a $40 Sirius antenna you'll get the tuner free. So for $240 you get a complete satellite radio package that will play WMA, MP3, CDR, etc. It also comes with a remote and if you buy it through crutchfield you'll get everything needed to install it free. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6JFJsQ...62700&I=020DXZ545&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is kinda what I have on mine. I got last years version. CDX-M3DI.

I don't have the ability to put my own pics on there. Sound quality is pretty good though. I got mine new from ebay for 450. If I were to buy another one now, I'd get one of those 7" screens or so. Ebay has some good deals on them.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oooooooooooooooooooooo --- pretty

·
Registered
192 Posts
all those are fine for basic decks but if you want something that will sound great and last there are only a few brands that come to mind. alpine, nakamichi, and eclipse. The new denon's look good but I haven't heard one.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to each their own . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :barf:

·
Registered
182 Posts
really? i guess that means you're not into alpine then. i get nothing but compliments on it. really cool features :evil: but you're right, to each their own! here's a couple more pics anyways :D

my camera doesn't like contrast too much...lol

there it is off :)

maybe you should really look into pioneer and eclipse if you dont like alpine...they're really nice but a totally different style. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I understand that Alpines have a terrible reputation for their displays. In daytime, they are practically unusable. And at night, they are so bright that it is hard to drive. With a convertible, the display is one thing to think about.

Since you are more into looks than sound, save your money and go with something with a WOW display.

I'd love to put a CDA-9830 in my vert, but I am having second thoughts because of the display.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine's a vert and I don't think it's too bright at all. In fact, it matches all the other green lights in the dash/console perfectly. And the only time you have a problem with the display is when the sun is really high and you have the top down. But that will be an unfixable problem unless you get a tiny display and lots of buttons or something. But it's not to the point where it's not worth getting the unit you like. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I never have a problem with my cda-7894 in the sun or at night. My last deck was pioneer deh-p8000r and those organic EL screens suck in the day time. Plus my alpine sounds so much better that my pio ever did.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Puter said:
I understand that Alpines have a terrible reputation for their displays. In daytime, they are practically unusable. And at night, they are so bright that it is hard to drive.
Same deal with Kenwood, except that I wouldn't say that they're too bright at night. In daytime, the display can be unreadable if the sun is right.

The problem exists because of two reasons: first is that car stereo manufacturers do not seem to make use of the dashboard dimmer connection that the factory stereo does.

If they did, wow..it could be bright during the day and dim at night. Just like the factory stereo did.

What a concept. I bet it'd only cost them $5 to add it to their stereos, too. (I'm 99.999% sure that their European stereos do make use of the dimmer connection due to European safety regulations).

Second reason is that they use negative LCD displays (colored numbers on a black or colored background). These don't work so well in bright light, for the same reason that they are UNREADABLE without the backlight.

Positive LCD displays (black numbers on a colored background) work much better in bright light, and they don't even need a backlight except at night.

So if they either used the dimmer connection or used a positive LCD display, there would be no problem.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
This is my sony i have to say this is a very nice unit from my expirience I think it sounds better than Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine and Blaupunkt headunits. It has alot of sound adjustment options to get that perfect sound for whatever you listen to.

another unit I would sugges is this Sony Active Black Panel

closed

open

·
Registered
165 Posts

I know it doesn't have a fancy display but the Eclipse 5444 is what I have and it's awesome :)

Eclipse Head Units

1 - 18 of 18 Posts