Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from my sig. what would you do next if you were me? i don't care if you say suspension, engine, or even just a looks mod, but i'm really just looking for more horse power for faster drag strip times. it has to still be able to corner and be streetable. i'm kinda thinking headers then alum drive shaft. i know i'm gonna get myself a convertor and valve body for christmas(i know its a long time away). right now i think i'll get the headers then the drive shaft then i'll try to save up some summer job money for heads. what do you guys think? i really want into the 13s before fun ford norwalk, but i don't think i'll have the $. i just ran a best of 14.37 @ 97.99MPH. what should i get next?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first off its an auto so driving isn't really an issue. if i spin the DRs good enough it cuts 2.16s with no spin at all. the car generally weighs 3600. i agree that the throttle body is too big for the car right now. it ran the 14.37 with the stock throttle body in place. i'm saving the 70 for when i get some forced induction. i'm also thinking about getting some kenny brown subs and rear control arms and a strut tower brace. thanks for all the replies. keep um comming.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm curious as to how to improve ones 60fts in an auto? i stall the convertor as high as it will go without spinning the tires at the line then gun it when i want to go. is there a better way? leaving from an idle isn't as consisitent and it also doesn't 60ft as well. please enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i thought that the convertor flashed when you just gunned it from a stop. how exactly do i get the convetor to flash? can you drive the car to the Track with the front swaybar disconnected? it's about 40 miles

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll try flashing it nest weekend just to see what it does, but i tried that last year adn it didn't have the power to spin it even if i just put the pedal to the floor. i may or may not disconnect the front sway bar(depends on how lazy i feel).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.