Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help me. I took my O2 sensors out and cleaned them. Now my car surges when idling. Did I screw them up? I'm gonna blow my car up!!!!!!!! Thanks:mad: :mad: :mad:
EDIT
Well I should also add that when you first start it up it idles fine. No surges. But when after driving it a little the idle surges just a little bit. But when I stop, it starts to surge alot. I havent tried the idle reset yet. But thats currently in progress, I have the battery discoed now.

Well I just reconnected the battery and tried the idle reset. No joy. It worked fine idleing by itself. Then I shut it off and restarted it with everything running. It worked fine then too. Until I shut all of the accesories off. Then it started surging again!! Anyone want to come and steal this piece of crap? I sick of screwing with it!! I should have bought a carburated car!:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIXED!!!

Well I talked to a friend at work who had the same prob on his f150 with a 302. He said to take off the Idle air bypass valve and clean it. Well when I got home from work I did this, got it up to temp and whadda ya know! It worked, no more surging idle! Thanks Corral!!!:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts