Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Did you have to massage the heads to fit 3/8" pushrods?
I don't believe so. I do know that the machine shop had to sleeve the pushrod holes on the intake side with a thin copper or brass sleeve because when the heads were torqued to the block he noticed the intake port flex along the pushrod hole. He was afraid that if not sleeved that it may crack and cause a vacuum leak. Now if this was because of intake port work or pushrod hole clearancing, I do not know. It was 5 years ago. I have not had any issues with the heads at all since that time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you have to massage the heads to fit 3/8" pushrods?
I have a set of Manton 3/8” pushrods in stock AFR head pushrod holes with Jesel rockers. It’s very tight on the intake side, but they clear.
Automotive design Material property Gas Musical instrument accessory Office equipment

Automotive tire Hood Gas Auto part Font

I think it’s heavily dependent on the lifter socket height and rocker socket biasing. I have short lifters and the jesel rockers bias the pushrod socket to the outside.

·
Vendor
12,912 Posts
I have a set of Manton 3/8” pushrods in stock AFR head pushrod holes with Jesel rockers. It’s very tight on the intake side, but they clear.
View attachment 1077495
View attachment 1077497
I think it’s heavily dependent on the lifter socket height and rocker socket biasing. I have short lifters and the jesel rockers bias the pushrod socket to the outside.
Never have gotten that lucky. I never use the jesel shaft in afrs so thats my variable. Rocker manufacturers put the socket in all types of different areas. Shoving the pushrod towards to valve cover rail etc..

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I’m kind of surprised the shift point is that high with that cam and a 363.
The Vortech pushes it out. The guy that spec'd my cam told me without the blower I'd probably be looking at a 6600-6700ish NA.

Reactions: 96pushrod

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The Vortech pushes it out. The guy that spec'd my cam told me without the blower I'd probably be looking at a 6600-6700ish NA.
Ahh, didn’t see the vortech part in your sig 🤦‍♂️

41 - 46 of 46 Posts