Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
1,224 Posts
most everyone above had some good points... lets add this one.... throw all that garbage away they are talking about and go spherical valve head from coats... 12k rpm no problem
Now that’s going several years back. Still waiting for them to take over the industry. It was certainly an interesting concept.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You're right, it is damn easy to spend others money! :ROFLMAO: Can one swap to shaft mount without new pushrods?
I was able to. Went from comp stainless steel rockers and a Jomar girdle to T&D shaft rockers. I measured for each rocker set up with an adjustable comp pushrod checker. I felt like I got lucky. Measured with full expectation of having to change them.

Checking valve lash has never been a big deal to me. I’ve been doing it on my mustangs since the late 90s. But I much prefer setting valve lash or simply experimenting with valve lash using shaft rockers. Another benefit and reason why I will buy shaft rockers again.

To dummy down the discussion on valve train weight over the lobe side and the valve side one just has to think of the lift cycle each goes through. One is lobe lift. The other is commonly, for this discussion, 1.6 or 1.7 times lobe lift.

I have never heard anybody complain about too stiff or too heavy of a pushrod in a drag racing application. But plenty have found a stiffer pushrod and a lighter valve along with retainer pay off big time in RPM range and power on the dyno. One of the great things about smaller stem diameter and LSX style spring packages. Not many years ago that was not common stuff for a SBF.

But then again some people think you need more lift on an exhaust lobe over an intake lobe simply because the exhaust valve is smaller diameter. Nothing to do with a power adder. Ed Curtis along with many others have been screwing that up for an eternity on their naturally aspirated profiles apparently. Same people who get treated with great respect on another site by the same guy.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
many years back.......... however, there was some recent testing in the last 5 years from what i'm told.. very promising.. but the deal is $$$$$ since there so limited and hard to get, it will take a small fortune to get a set..
it’s good to hear they haven’t disappeared. I remember they reported testing on a 302 short block with impressive results if I remember correctly. But never knew if that was fiction or fact.The design is simple enough it should be able to be very affordable if they can ever get volume through sales. This is iIF all that isout about them is legitimate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts