Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna get LT's but need some info on what are good brands, good prices, and some websites or where i should order them from, any help would be great, Thanx!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I have BBK's .Summit racing has good prices on them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes, BBK makes catted and o/r versions of the h and x pipe. Although i think summit only sells the h. Brothers Performance has both... I got the catted h and l/t's from summit.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Summit and Brothers have the same price for the headers, but in the summit catolog i have, they dont have a H pipe that fits the headers, or at least it doesnt say it does, Brothers has both the X and H pipe for the headers, but the X is 40 dollars more. Why is this? does the X give more performance? or is it strictly a sound thing?

·
Registered
81 Posts
bossman429 said:
Summit and Brothers have the same price for the headers, but in the summit catolog i have, they dont have a H pipe that fits the headers, or at least it doesnt say it does, Brothers has both the X and H pipe for the headers, but the X is 40 dollars more. Why is this? does the X give more performance? or is it strictly a sound thing?
summit has the O/R H for sure.. that is where i got mine as well. not too sure about the X pipe, but i know you don't want to use it on chambered mufflers. we put one on a buddy's car and it sounded like ****! after some research we found that at least the BBK X (not sure about other brands) don't go well with chambered mufflers for some reason.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Summit sells the O/R H and catted h, its in their online catalog. From my testing and opinion i found tha chambered mufflers sound bad on o/r x pipes but not too bad on catted x pipes. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I say get some Hooker Headers and O/R X pipe, nice unique sound, less hassle when its time to change the clutch, and looks bad ass!!! good luck

oh yeah check the GP section of this board they might still be able to get you in on it

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have Hookers, and I would NOT recommend them. The slip fittings at the collectors and on the two primaries around the steering nuckle is a nightmere, poor design and leaks alot. Additionally the X-pipe has a two piece design which you have to f**k around alot with to line up. The headers do shroud some of the bellhouse bolts, so transmission work isn't as easy as some of these people make it out to be. Get the BBKs...I will be....

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LBC00GT said:
I have Hookers, and I would NOT recommend them. The slip fittings at the collectors and on the two primaries around the steering nuckle is a nightmere, poor design and leaks alot. Additionally the X-pipe has a two piece design which you have to f**k around alot with to line up. The headers do shroud some of the bellhouse bolts, so transmission work isn't as easy as some of these people make it out to be. Get the BBKs...I will be....
thanks for the look out man!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have found the BBK LT's at Modular Ford Powerhouse for $405 and the catted H for $339. If you do go with the LT"s, dont forget the O2 sensor extension cables. BTW, the price for the LT's were for the Chrome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts