Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So I am going to swap a 351w stroked to 408 carbed into my 2002 V6. I know it will be a lot of work and what not but I am still going to do it. To do this I will have to upgrade my fuel system, Clutch and flywheel, radiator, throttle cable, and front suspention. What else did I leave out? I am thinking about geting a front suspension package from D&D including K-member, coilover and a-arms. What do you think about this plan and what else will I need? I still need to pick up and rebuild the motor but wanted to get a head start at looking at what I need. Thanks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You need to get the brake booster thing figured out. I'm pretty sure the new ones do not run off of vacume. Also try to get all accesoris from a 94-95. And on the fuel system it will not be an upgrade it will be a replace, there is a difference. Most people will tell you not to do it, and not support doing this, but I say go for it, post pictures and answers so other people will not think it is so chalenging. Oh ya, and you will run into problems with the guages, tack and spedo mainly. AND you left out transmission and driveshaft and throw in a windsor starter too. Grab a full exhaust system next time you are at summit also. And a cowl hood so that you can close it without duct tape. I could go on several more sentences but this is just off the top of my head

1 - 2 of 2 Posts