Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about building a 347 Stroker with AFR 185 or 205 heads and a big hydraulic camshaft. Any of yous that have a 347 with a good set of heads and a good cam let me know what kind of times and hp/tq numbers you are getting out of it and how streetable it is. What intake are you guys using also.. And is there any abnormal oil consumption?

Thanks for any help or suggestions that you can give me. I appreciate it alot!

Matt

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
times are in sig,still working on setup,parts are in sig also.very streetable with a little buck around 1800.driven alot.

no oil consumption problems at all.

dynoed on two diffrent dynos one was 408 the othe was 382.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who built the bottom end? And what brand of parts did you use? Are you using the Holley Systemax II intake or what?

I'm planning on building an all forged bottom end and I was told by Houston Performance that I would need to use the AFR 205's if I wanted more than 400rwhp out of a 347. He told me to go solid roller and I would get around 450rwhp, but that is to much damn trouble for a daily driver.

I was also thinking about going carburated with it because it is cheaper and easier to tune that way. But, I'm not sure if I want to do that really.

How much cash do you have in your longblock?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
i used a scat cast crank,eagle h beams and srp pistons.the block is stock bored .020 over.decked and balanced and thrust bearing made for front of cam.i have 3800 in the short block from balancer to flywheel parts and labor.done by owens racing engines in peareland texas.

i do use the holley systemax II intake.

steve is probably right in recommending the 205's,his dyno was the one i made 382 on so going by his dyno it is kind of hard to reach the number with the 185 heads.

if it were me i would stay injected.

·
Registered
159 Posts
my combo is also in my sig. I wasn't really impressed with my numbers so I am "freshening up" right now. I am scrapping the Bennet cam in favor of a custom. When it is done I will take it back to Steve (Houston Performance) and have him tune it again. I don't have track times because I couldn't hold a clutch or rear end. But that is all solved now. Hopefully it will be done by the end of next month. I will post numbers then (good or bad:D ).

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
See sig for most info..

Made 420/400 n/a at the rw on the dyno. Best pass n/a is a 10.84 at 124 w/ 1.48 60' at ~3150lb with my old tremec 3550. I was shifting at about 6400 rpms. I did drive it on the street when I wanted to on pump 93 gas...ran just fine even with the solid roller. I'm switching to a built aod...so hopefully with the right convertor that will help my et's even more.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
jeoff let us know the outcome on the tranny as soon as you can,i have really ben thinking about the aod swap alot lately.i am tired of shifting gears

1 - 7 of 7 Posts