Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys.... just put a low milage 302 (which ran perfect) back in the old 95 gt... with an f-cam, MAF, injectors, TB, gt-40p heads, cobra upper/lower intake, and MSD ignition box and coil. The car had underdrive pulleys, no ac or smog, tremec tko 6000 tranny, 4:10 gears, i think an aluminum driveshaft, and cold air intake.

Problem number one: She is missing. Everynow and then usually between 2600-3200rpm's. Its not constant but it does miss.... checked timing and wires, coil....... need some help.

Problem number two: A vibration in the tranny or something..... now the guy that had it before had put the tremec in there along with I believe it is an aluminum drive shaft, seems real light to be stock to me.... (in fact everthing that I listed as the car having before I put this 302 in is what he had done.) It had a vibration over 62-65mph before the swap and had read where I need to put a spacer on the tranny cause he hadnt done that.... so I did, and its still there and getting worse. It vibrates over 60 now.... and gets real real bad. Specially when I push in the clutch or when I am like going down a hill in 5th or something letting the car hold itself back..... I changed the throw out bearing when the car was out... the input shaft did not seem loose on the tranny.... do you think that the driveshaft just needs balancing? I am stuck on this one too.... I need some wisdom and guidance lol.... thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Check your driveshaft balance to begin with. Then you need to start clocking the drive shaft at the rear end and test drive after each change. If that doesn't eliminate the problem pull the driveshaft from the tranny and rotate it 180 degrees. The repeat the clocking process with the rear end. Once you find where it belongs mark the driveshaft and the rear pinion flange with something permanent so you now how to reinstall next time you have it out. Also when you pull it next time mark the yoke and tail shaft to avoid the same problem. It is a pain in the butt but this will usually resolve your problem.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sweet thanks guys, going to have it balanced and checked this afternoon. now if i can get the skip out....

hey I put a 1/2 inch spacer in when I put the tranny back in cause I read on here a bunch of places where the tremec's sit a half in lower than a t5.... was that right? it had that vibration before I took the motor out and everything, put that spacer in. Just wondering if I did the right thing....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay got the vibration fixed, u joint was bad on driveshaft and it was out of balance. haha do it everytime.

anyone got a clue on the missing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts