Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up fellas. I need some new seats in my 98 GT. I was thinking about getting '01 Cobra seats. The ones that are leather on the outside and with suede in the center(Black leather, gray suede). I really love the '00 Cobra R seats from reacaro, is there any way to get this seat? Or a seat with the Cobra R embroidered into it like the real seats? Or are there any other cool seats out there that recline? Thanks for your help----oh pics would be killer too! thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just ordered a set of Corbeau TRS's. They are pretty sweet looking and they recline. I don't have any pics yet. I saw that 5.0 Resto Supply has them for $640 a pair shipped!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got Flofit's...have had them in for about 2 years. These were what Saleen used in their ealier Mustangs. Very firm seat with excellent lateral hold. I autocross occasionaly, so I wanted the support & they give a moderatly OE look......oh yeah, they recline.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The '00 Cobra R seats are just stock Recaro "Sport" model seats that have a different material and a little emblem. They're about $700-800, and add $300 for leather and another $300ish for power/heating/venting. Kickass seats, extremely supportive, and great in the corners. Same seat base (the part ya sit on) as the Recaro Trend's on pre-'03 Saleens, but a more racey and supportive seat back.

Ordered some in black leather for my car and they should be here in a day or two. Do it!! NOTHING is as comfortable.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Corbeau Seats are sweeet........

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
C Weil said:
The '00 Cobra R seats are just stock Recaro "Sport" model seats that have a different material and a little emblem. They're about $700-800, and add $300 for leather and another $300ish for power/heating/venting. Kickass seats, extremely supportive, and great in the corners. Same seat base (the part ya sit on) as the Recaro Trend's on pre-'03 Saleens, but a more racey and supportive seat back.

Ordered some in black leather for my car and they should be here in a day or two. Do it!! NOTHING is as comfortable.
Is That $700-$800 for both seats or just one? Did you have to buy new rails or tracks, or whatever the heck the seat bolts too?

·
Registered
618 Posts
That is per seat, and yes, you need to get the seat tracks and sliders, about another $150 per seat. But that $150 per seat you'll need to pay regardless of the brand you buy.

The Recaros are DEFINITELY worth the extra cost. More so than Corbeau or Cobra, where some are pretty good at best, and some are terrible. The most comfortable seat out of all of those is the Cobra Misano, but its just as expensive as the Recaro and still not as supportive.

They're pretty unbeatable ergonomically. It's not like every other seat is BAD by any means, it's just my opinion that these are the best on the market concerning comfort and support.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts