Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my problem, i have a 1990 lx 5.0 and i recently pulled the motor out and bored it out etc,heres the problem before i pulled it, there was nothing wrong with the electric system after i put it back in ,now the fuel pump doesnt want to come on when i turn the key over like its supposed to,i thought it was the relay under the seat but i got a new one,same thing no power to the pump,then i pulled the coil wire off the cap to see if i had a spark,no spark ,but when i pulled the little plug out of the distributer i had spark when i put it back in no spark, i changed the s.plugs ,wires i put a new t.f.i on it same thing,no power to the pump i dont know much about the electric system to my car if anybody knows why the pump doesnt work or why im not getting power to the pump i would greatly appreciate any info,oh, the pump is brand new i thougt the pump was bad but i pulled it out of the tank and put the battery to it it spurted out fuel like theres no tommorow,:confused: i want to know why the car doesnt want to fire,or what is wrong with the electric system that powers the fuel pump ,thanks everybody

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Let's back track. Before you pulled the motor out all was good right(?). Hmmm...did you reconect the ground strap to the back of the driver side cylinder head?...what about the one at the firewall. I'm guessing something isn't reconnected properly. Check voltage at various locations (solenoid, harnesses, etc)...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i need help!!!

yes befor i pulled it every thing was perfect,the ground on the driver side c,head is grounded,the one on the firewall? do you mean the one that goes to the upper intake that resembles the one on the head?thanks for your reply, im trying to figure out anything i can

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a simialar issue when I replaced the Solenoid. There is a single wire that runs to the solinoid to turn it on. Check out this wire. Its black and has a big eye connector. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts