Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night as i was driving home form work and old man pulled out in fron of me and i hit him at about 50 miles per hour. so im waiting to see if the insurance is going to total it out or not. if they do i am looking at getting either a lightning, a cobra or maybe a ws-6. what would you go with if you were in my shoes? thanks
-aaron

·
Registered
639 Posts
Cobra

How far can you lean the drivers seat back in a Lightning?
Guess I'm just a car man....go Cobra
Hop

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd definitely go with the L. It has a lot more interior room than the Mustang, and obviously you can use it to haul stuff too. It's really a personal choice. If you're looking at all-out performance and nothing else matters, Cobra.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
What year of cobra?? If its the 03, then get the 03 cobra man.

if cobra before 03 then,

If your looking for all out performance, sytle and the whole car feeling, of course get the cobra. On the other hand, if you want more of a car that you can cheaply mod and get into the 12s and leave it there, then the L would be pretty sweet. I would probably get the L because of the blower and Im a truck guy.

·
Registered
516 Posts
03 Cobra or Mach I

I don't like trucks unless it is for actually driving off road and hauling items for a ranch. I don't know the amount you want to spend, but if the above cars are above your price range then consider a GT.

·
Registered
468 Posts
IMO buy a 96-98 cobra. Damn good car with lots of potential

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the suggestions. i think im gonna go with the cobra. my buddys dad has a 98 cobra with 16,000 miles that he wants 14,000or 15,000 for. so i think im gonna go with that. compared to the gt, how much more will it put me back into my seat? how much horsepower is it rated all stock. if i get a vortech s trim with the after cooler what kind of hp am i talking? is it necessary to have aftermarket exhaust right away when dealing with superchargers? thanks aaron

·
Registered
847 Posts
don't forget about the 01 cobras.....great car IF you can find a used one, or if you like 12's with dr's and gears......sue the old man!!!!

phil

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
kissmyhiss96 said:
thanks for all the suggestions. i think im gonna go with the cobra. my buddys dad has a 98 cobra with 16,000 miles that he wants 14,000or 15,000 for. so i think im gonna go with that. compared to the gt, how much more will it put me back into my seat? how much horsepower is it rated all stock. if i get a vortech s trim with the after cooler what kind of hp am i talking? is it necessary to have aftermarket exhaust right away when dealing with superchargers? thanks aaron
That sounds like a good price.

Check out my sig. First numbers are near stock (K&N, SVO 9mm wires and fresh plugs). Then I added an X-Pipe w/ cats regapped plugs and switched back to stock wires.

If gears are stock, then definitely change them first (best bang for the buck). Go 4.30's. Next mod will be stickier tires since you will be in bad need for more traction. :evil:

Giddy Up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks ass

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why do you have to be like that? i just posted a simple question. you dont have to smart about it. what would you have said, vehicle? here hows this....i need a new VEHICLE, lightning or cobra. there does that make you happy??

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
If I were in your shoes ..... ? Well I have a Mustang and the L has more uses, so I'd lean toward the L.

But the 03 Cobra is awful tempting.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd go with the Cobra (especially if it's a 2003). Lightnings are awesome, i'd consider it as a second vehicle if i could afford to do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was misinformed on that cobra i posted earlier. i have not seen the car yet but i am told that it is a 94 with 16000 miles and is in showroom condition. i think the seller is stuck near $16000 on the price.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
If money wasn't an issue, my list would look like this:

1 - '03 Cobra
2 - '03 Mach I
3 - everything else.....:p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the other guys insurance is beating around the bush about settling this whole ordeal so now i am stuck driving a 4 cylinder ranger. its been like 2 weeks since i have driven a vehicle with some power. i went and looked at a lightning but it was a 2001 and the salesman said that 26,000 was the bottom dollar. i found a 96 cobra that has a whole list of modifications so i went and looked at it and took a guy that works at kenny brown performance with me. he checked it out and said that it seems like a great deal. so hopefully next week ill have myself a cobra. its a 96 with a '97 cooling system. 3.73 gears, pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, bassani x pipe, borla, underdrive pullies, taylor wires, eibach springs, koni shocks and struts, k&n filter, subframes, 98 sway bar, slotted rotors, proM MAF, new steering rack and he also has an msd ignition and a bbk adjustable clutch cable he is giving me. hes asking $13,000

1 - 18 of 18 Posts