Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of dismantling my engine, and so far durin the engine pull I've probably broken 3-4 electrical connectors, and they don't look cheap.

I'm having a hard time getting the latches to come up enough for the connectors to disengage from the wire without them snapping off.

What's your tricks?! My smallest screwdriver seems to be working the best, but I'm really getting tired of breaking the harnesses. At this rate I think I need to replace all the wiring harnesses under the hood.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It could be the cold weather (making the plastic more brittle). You could try hitting the pieces with a heat gun or hairdryer to maybe warm up which may help make the piece more flexible..

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
They plastic they use gets brittle over time. They aren't very good at resisting hot/cold temp changes over time....even the spark plug wire separators are crap after time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Any idea where I can find some new wiring harnesses or connectors?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You might try junkyards. Ford usually uses the same harness for a lot of areas (fog lights and convertible plugs in all models), so you may find the same connectors on a wrecked V-6. It would be worth a try.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wires are in really dirty shape.. wonder how much the whole assembly would cost? I can't find this anywhere either!

I've been poking around classifieds etc all day..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts