Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second T-5 in my car but what can I say I got a really good deal on it and it was already rebuilt. But now this one's syncros are shot. Are they worth rebuliding or just save the money!?!? I don't wanna be able not to race though! Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Look into a G-Force T5!!!

The prices are comparable with a new T5 and are stronger than a Tremec without the hassle of having the change the bellhousing.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Not that this is too important, but would the G-force T5 be louder? I looked at some of the internal pieces of some of the Gforce and they're not as helicut as stock t5. That's no biggy though, and it wouldn't really come into consideration were I buying one. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
What kind of power and TQ are you making? Where did you get your rebuilt transmission?
I rebuilt my own with the rebuild video from Hanlon Motorsports and I've probably got at leat 60 passes on it with no problems at all.
I'd say if you're under 350 rwhp and not power shifting, you shouldn't wreck them on a regular basis. My brothers car is running mid 11's and his t5 has been just fine for over a year.

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
Moving to the correct forum.

Please keep the 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech Forum limited to engine related topics.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I just read an article on the G-force trans. Its rated somewhere around 600 hp. Plus its your stock T-5 housing so you can 100% bolt right in. I think it $900 for the parts to do yourself add $200 for them to assemble or like $1900 to buy the trans from them. Plus they have other options to strengthen it more.
If its stronger than a Tremec TKO, and 100% bolt in thats what id be getting.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was plannin on gettin a g-force tranny....but I decided to go w/ a 2.95 gearset and rebuilt the stock one. Mainly cuz I'm not making enough power to warrant $1900 on a tranny when I could use the money (loan) to get the shocks/struts/springs I needed. They do have a race tranny that has straight cut gears...but all the stock type trannys are helicut. I liked the sound of it mainly because I wouldn't have to spend the money on a new shifter/bellhousing/clutch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts