Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 98 GT 5sp, the motor pretty much blew up w/60k on the odo. I just bought a new motor which was located through my locally FORD owned salvage yard, it's a 98 GT motor with 13 miles on it. I see on my receipt that the new motor was from a 98 GT with an AOD tranny. Will it make any difference that my car is a 5sp and the new motor came from an automatic? I don't see how it could, but I am not 100% sure, so I thought I would ask. If someone with more knowledge than I on the subject could answer that, I would appreciate it.
-jeff

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
As long as the crank has the same numbers of holes and you keep your computer it should make no difference at all. You already have all of the parts you need except a pilot bearing and new flywheel bolts may as well throw a new clutch at it while you are in there.

Dwayne

·
Registered
470 Posts
TallyStang said:
I own a 98 GT 5sp, the motor pretty much blew up w/60k on the odo.
-jeff
Jeff, what caused the 98 engine to blow with only 60K on it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a top speed run, 2 days later hear a slight "ticking" in the motor, checked the oil and it was DRY! I don't know how it happened, it wasn't time for a change yet, I keep a check on it, it don't leak nor does it burn oil. So I filled it back up, made the same noise. My guess is a rod, the bearings are shot I'm sure. So I looked around, found a 98 GT motor with low low miles with a warranty, it goes in this weekend.
With any luck, I will tear my old block down and build a nice 4.6 (5.0) mod motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts