Ford Mustang Forums banner

I gave up some incorrect numbers yesterday on the 03 Cobra dyno..here is the sheet.

7K views 84 replies 35 participants last post by  mogs01gt 
G
#1 ·
Apologies for the 378/380 numbers I posted yesterday. I got the sheet today was like 378/365. For those local who are familiar with SA, Joe Jr took it for a spin. Although the numbers are crazy high or violent like the aftermarket centrif's he did say it was incredibly smooth power. What you would expect from a factory sc car.

See less See more
#2 ·
Better exhaust and i bet that car could hit 400 HP easy.. oh my.. Wonder if its too late to get one :evil:

#7 ·
Damn, look at that torque!!! 300+ foot pounds all the way to 6,500 RPM, thats badass!!! And the power.... damn... keeps pulling, and pulling, and..... schweet!!!! :D

:evil:

Whats with the dip, and then the spike in HP and TQ?? Thats not detonation, is it???

#8 ·
Most cars running the T-56 transmissions usually have a drivetrain loss of about 18% but, with the '03 Cobra having an aluminum flywheel and a aluminum driveshaft both from the factory I would think that 15% would be a very close guess on the actual driveline loss. At 15% that would equal 445 FWHP and 430 FWTQ!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :joy: :joy: :joy: THANK YOU FORD, it's about damn time!!! O, Mr. LS1, please come out and play. :evil: :evilgrin:

#13 ·
This very, very impressive. Great news for Ford fans. This will up the ante for anyone making fast cars now.

#14 ·
One of thing to take into account is the horsepower taken away by turning the supercharger. Generally a centrifugal eats b/n 40-50 fwhp just to turn the thing. Its all number racing but it gives a higher fly wheel number. the reason to consider it is if you plan to do more power modifications, the fuel system needs to support the fwhp, not just the rwhp.

#18 ·
In case anyone cares, those numbers are awful close to my old KB combo... so I decided to overlay them:

The KB combo was 96 Cobra, 9 psi KB (no intercooler), BBK LT headers, offroad h pipe, IMRC deletes, FRPP Oval TB, AFM Powerpipe, no fmu, 42# injectors, tune I did myself, 4.30 gears, Prom 80, T56.

So it is darn close to the same power output only I'm sure it runs better than mine did, no overheating problems, no need for a can of octane boost per tank, factory warranty, etc.

Ford is making a VERY nice car, because my KB was a blast to drive. The 03 Cobra has to be sweet.

#20 ·
ALLNTRL said:
O, Mr. LS1, please come out and play. :evil: :evilgrin:
God I know I am going to catch grief for this but...

You guys do know you can 8PSI of boost to a LS1 as well...

#21 ·
ALLNTRL said:
O, Mr. LS1, please come out and play. :evil: :evilgrin:
God I know I am going to catch grief for this but...

You guys do know you can add 8PSI of boost to a LS1 as well...

#24 ·
haskett said:

I know this was bait, but I can't resist.:evil:

Is that 8psi on an LSI before or after changing out the pistons to deal with the compression ratio ?:rolleyes:

Here we go (hehe)...

You dont have to do anything to the compression ratio to put 8PSI on a LS1. In fact the LS1 can handle 9PSI safely. Anything over that would definetly require fooling with the compression ratio, but that is pretty much the same deal with the Modular DOHC.

Don't forget that they had to go back to an iron block on the 03 Cobra just to get the 8PSI to work.

I really like the 03 Cobra...We are seriously looking at getting one for my wife. But it is unfair comparison to say bring out the LS1. Give the LS1 just 6PSI of boost and it will make higher numbers than that. And for the price of a Cobra, that leaves plenty of cash left over the boost. :p

[[FLAME SUIT ON]]

#26 ·
Hey Eric,
I am sorry man! :) I just could not resist a little joshing. Just busting these guys a little. I'll let it go now.

Cobra + 8PSI > LS1

Cobra - 8PSI < LS1

Cobra + 8PSI < LS1 + 6PSI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.