Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Cedar Falls Raceway today for my first time out this year. All I changed from last year was a slipping clutch. I replaced my FMS Heavy Duty clutch with a SPEC Stage 3 and a billet FMS flywheel.

The weather was great today. The temps were in the 60's and the track was hooking great in the beginning of the day.

I did my normal burnout, staged, tached it to 5500 and then dropped her. The car hooked great and that clutch is definetly worth every *&^%$# penny I paid for it. I hit every shift great and knew the run was going to be good. When I picked up my timeslip it was a 11.909 @ 113.41! YEAH, finally!

I ran two more times and ended up with a poor hooking run at [email protected] and a dissapointing (spinning them out of the hole) [email protected] I only got 3 passes cause it was race day and my buddy and I were the only ones testing and tuning. It was well worth it though.

Here are the numbers from the passes in the order they occured.

RT .698
60ft-1.572
330-4.850
1/8-7.556
MPH-90.21
1000-9.928
1/4-11.909
MPH-113.41

RT .539
60ft-1.658
330-4.915
1/8-7.639
MPH-89.72
1000-10.000
1/4-11.987
MPH-113.29

RT .582
60ft-1.588
330-4.854
1/8-7.608
MPH-88.83
1000-9.994
1/4-12.006
MPH-111.78

Another thing I noticed was every time I shifted it the car would backfire. I think this could be the car was loading up maybe huh??? It runs fine otherwise. This was a very good race day and I know the 11.80's will be mine next time out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Way to go Ed!!

Ed runs in the 11's and I see Bob Glidden running a Street Outlaw car on the same day...awesome on both counts.
I can remember when we were knocking on the 11's door a couple seasons back...WAY TO GO ED!!!!

WE may actually be running VERY SOON...:joy:

Later, G.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gene,

Check out that domestic vs import race thread in this forum. You need to get Flashback going to put this guy in his place....lol. It is going to be held at CFR and should be a good time.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Let me know when...

Twice the cylinders and half the bucks..."I could've had a V8!"
I'll let you know when we get the Flash under power...
See ya at CFR REAL SOON!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Awesome times!!!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Re: Let me know when...

flashback said:
Twice the cylinders and half the bucks..."I could've had a V8!"
I'll let you know when we get the Flash under power...
See ya at CFR REAL SOON!!!!
Gene I thought we saw the flashback down at wfc running e.t. 1 Looked just like your car but it didnt have the right stickers on it. The guy was winning some rounds too.. Did you see that car?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Seen a few of'em...

Checked out all the Fairmonts/Zephyrs that we came across in the pits...some nice iron out there, still like ours the best though!
Had the wrong length pushrods sent to us today (billed correctly and the number on the box was right...but the parts inside the box were wrong).....AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty light turnout in HotStreet down there too...would've gotten our butts kicked by a 9.20 but we'd have had a great time, guess we'll have to wait until next years event!

CFR SOON!!!!
G.

·
Registered
207 Posts
congrats Ed!!!

Way to go, Ed! (hanging the hoops too, I presume)????

Now you're gonna want 10's! Then 9's! Then 8's!!!!

See ya at CFR on the 22nd!:)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know I was lifting the front left tire last October. I felt like I was this past weekend but didn't have anyone around that could confirm it for me. The other guy I was racing with was always in his car getting ready to go. He had a camera, but again, was never able to take any pictures as we were running in the same class and always in our cars at the same time. Oh well, I will have someone check for me on the 22nd of June.

·
Registered
335 Posts
ED...welcome to the WUA!!!

Welcome to the WUA....Wheels Up Action!!! CFR is gonna be the place to be on the 22nd...Gotta get this ole heap together!!!!!!!!

G.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts