Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my T45. Tonight 3rd gear was a real problem at the track. On my second and third pass the car would not go into 3rd. On my fourth pass the car fell right into 3rd. I did the 3-4 shift and nothing but a loud ass grind. I then parked the car for the night. I limped her back home with only 1,2,3,and 5. Not to far from home I was stopped at a light. I accelerated out of 2 and went to shift into 3rd. Nothing. The shifter will fall into 3rd and 4th, but it doesnt put the car in gear. I now only have 1,2, and 5. :(

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the car used last July/August. According to the owner the car had never been to the track. The only mods on the car were a sunroof, Eibach springs, and chrome R's. I figured that the car had a lot of catching up to do, bieng that it was 5 years old. Id say I have had it at the track for about 60 passes since Ive owned the car. From the day I bought the car it popped out of reverse randomly. About two months ago 3rd gave me a problem for the first time. Last night the tranny finally let go.

About upgrading, im not too sure. I think I might just put another T45 in it. After seeing what Bob's dynoed with the TKO im not sure what I want to do. Besides Bob doesnt live far from me and he can swap trannys out in 2hrs on his back. ;) Only thing that sucks is that I just installed longtube headers around the end of March and now I have to drop one. :(

·
Registered
729 Posts
slosvt, are you still in VA Beach? Where is a track nearby?

Sorry to hear about the tranny. Maybe its T56 time!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome to the club :) I've got 2 under my belt. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
:mad: My original T45 and clutch is still holding on, Oh maybe that is a good thing :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
99RioRedVert said:
Sorry to hear about the tranny. Maybe its T56 time!
fo sho! i want a t56 and my tranny is less than a year old......

·
Registered
336 Posts
slosvt,
sorry to hear about you tranny. Congratulation on your decent times though. I will be back in the area on the 17th after being in KC for 17 days. Anyone talking about getting the gang together. I hope your car is fixed by then.

Doug

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Welcome to the "I've broke my T-45 club". I broke 4 of them before I figured out I wasn't doing that anymore ------ now I've swapped over to R470W auto :) Haven't driven it yet with the auto but some folks say "It won't be any fun going down the track"... I think it will be a blast with the 3100 stall and trans-go shift kit, putting it in "D" and sipping a coke.. hehehehe...

Good luck!

·
Registered
255 Posts
hey Slosvt

Same thing happened to mine last October, lost 3rd and 4th gear at the track. Some one said I probably broke the shift forks. Right now I'm wainting on a call from Don Walsh at D&D about their Viper version for the T56, hopefully in the next 2-3wks.

Bryan

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
so what websites have info/pricing on the t-56 swap? I need to get one for the day when my t-45 pukes on me.

'98 Cobra
preparing for 150 shot w/ 61k miles. Need to have new trans. waiting to be put in when old let's go. (better safe than sorry)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Do yourself a favor and at least put a 3550 in. I broke mine again this weekend, that would be oh about 4 times this year lol. its done, something is bent we arnt seeing and it keeps breaking and I am done stalling around, car is not coming out of the garage until I put one in.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I must be lucky! I used to dump the clutch at 6000 all the time and just bang the hell out the gears with the stock shifter. I still have the stock clutch and tranny with 36, 000 hard driven miles.
Beat the hell outta the T5 in the beater and that thing will not give up. HMMMM.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome, I drove around for months with only 1, 2, 5.

·
Registered
570 Posts
johndt351 said:
so what websites have info/pricing on the t-56 swap?
www.mustangweekly.com has an install page, with pictures. It is in the archives.

·
Registered
769 Posts
slosvt,

Just out of curiosity, do you have an aftermarket shifter?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts