Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I was playing with my act-iat whatever you want to call it. When my car hot I checked the resistance and it was at 9 ohms for the sensor. Well, I have the old one off of my car sitting around so I check it and it's at 20 ohms. I know that the resistance get lower when it gets hotter. So I start my car with the new one that is installed in the car and it dies when I shift it in to gear. I then unplug the sensor and plug in the old one w/o installing is and start the car and it doesn't die when I shift it into gear. I did this many times and had the same results. Now with the old sensor sitting in the engine compartment and it's 100* out side, I checked the resistance and it was at 13ohms so I tried it and it hesitated when I shifted it into drive. Then I cooled the sensor off and got it up to 18 ohms and it didn't die when I shifted it in to gear.

Am I crazy or does this look like the problem?:confused:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I too have this same stalling problem.

By your description I don't think that the ACT is the problem. It sounds like the sensor itself is functioning like it should. However it does sound like something is getting triggered/changed because of this hotter reading from the ACT. Now all we need is some kind of EEC guru to tell us whats effected by the ACT readings. lol

Does anyone know what the actual ohms range of the ACT sensor is suppose to be?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Funny thing, my car started to do the same thing. Give me a few minutes to check my Ford CD to verifiy the resistence at temps. I'll post them in a minute.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My haynes manual says. cold 63F it should be 27ohms and hot 212F it says 2.0 ohms.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Sounds like your reading are within spec then. So it must be something the EEC does because of the heat increase. Does yours act fine once you get it moving? Thats the way mine usally is. Of course getting going can be real PITA

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah, once I get going it's all good but you shoud see me when I get gas. :eek:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I hear ya. I stopped for a pop at 7/11 and the woman wanted to drive. I told her it would be a royal PITA, but she said "I can handle it". After 5 mins I told her to get out and I'd drive home. She thought I was being an A-hole, but I've had plenty of times to figure out what to do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought I was the only one with this problem.

I just fed ex'd my autologic chip to JMS Chips and hopefully they can put a program on it that will somehow fix this damn problem. I have a friend that is a ford mechanic and we have put it on the computer and no codes at all. As soon as I figure this out I will post what the hell it is.

The frustrating thing is that I have a art carr aode in this thing now and it shifts great. I just want to get it running right so the mrs. can have her car back.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
What do you guys run for an air box? I'm still running the stock one but I have the rubber inlet removed. I'm wondering if that is letting the under hood heat get drawn into the engine since its no longer sealed through the fender. I might try reinstalling it Monday night.

·
Registered
508 Posts
MadDAWG...where'd you get your chin spoiler?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts