Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think its really needed in a 10 sec car.550-600 rwh.
I just dont want to hack the car up...

Thanks For your time..

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Hell YES! So is a roll bar and not just b/c it's mandatory. A 12 second car gets twisted like a pretzel and after a long summer the doors may not close correctly or rattle, etc... Install them and be joyous about it:D

ks;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Absolutely i agree with KEVIN$, a nice roll bar and the in floor sub frame connectors willstiffen that unibody rite up for you. as well as keeping you safe.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
yes everyone is right..................i have seen 12.90 cars twist so bad that you can see a ripple in the top above the 1/4 window...........................but you could of save some cash and made your own .....but that does take some skill

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
How hard is it to install the through the floor subframes as compared to regular subframes? and are there any cons to the through the floor subframes? :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know they used to have install pitcures of the in the floor subframe connectors on the wolf racing.com web site, check it out see if there still showing them, that way you can get a idea of how it's done and what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
is a Hobart 135 MIG w/ gas enough to weld them in? :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yes, that welder would work fine for welding them! Now get at it :)

Kyle

·
Registered
2,578 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I use Grigg's in-floor subframes in my 'vert and after MANY (200+) launches on slick (1.57-1.66 60ft times) my doors still work like the day I got the car. Without the subframes, I am sure the car would be twisted so bad, it would be undriveable
Subframe connectors are manditory in my book and the in-floor type are just that much better

Good Luck
Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts