Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am replacing mine as well, but, since I will need an alignment anyway I am also going to replace the A-Arm bushings, the Tie-rod ends sway bar bushings and the bushings and rods on the end of the sway bar (not sure the name). I purchased the complete rebuild kit with all of this from PST for $189.

In addition, I am also going to replace the steering rack bushings with solid aluminum bushings from Maximum Motorsports ($40). Poly ones can also be had from PST for $10.

I don't want to have to tear it apart again and pay for another alignment in the near future.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeha- I am doing all the bushings also. I bought a set of A-arms from the junkyard, and I am going to replace all bushings and and the balljoints, struts and springs while I am in there.

Whats the deal with the steering rack bushing? How hard is that to replace?

GG

·
Registered
865 Posts
MM Aluminum Bushings

Instructions for MM Aluminum bushings Steering rack bushing install directions The poly bushings from PST would be an easier install, but I want the solids.

I have a squeeking coming out of the front end and I have 91k on it. Someone said that the steering rach bushings can cause sqeeking, I doubt that in my case. Like I said before, while I have it apart I am doing everything.

SN95GT50

1 - 8 of 8 Posts