Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think I should get I have been throwing around the idea of getting the power programmer but with the price of the programmer or I could get any 2 of these(wanted the hypertech for when I get my gears but I was thinking of just getting a speed cal what do you guys think

densecharger(tb to fender)160
steeda underdrives 170
70mm tb 190

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ant of you guys have any ideas on any of the 4 products if they would be good buys I know what worked on my old 5.0 but I dont know what works on the 4.6
thanks for any help
tony

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is what im running now (see sig.) with the same year car, (if you can drive) you should expect the same times. It does not say if your car is an Auto or a 5 speed that makes a difference on what you can do with the hypertech. I have a 5 speed and the main thing the hypertech does for me is for the gears. I use the power program in the hypertech but when I get a blower, I will need a custom program so I guess it just depends how much you’re going to do to the car. I would get the programmer again since it's a lot easier then the chips IMO. But the other stuff would be good just depends on what kind of cash you have to spend.

Note: I have about 300 extra pounds of stereo crap in the trunk the car is leaning to the rear cause of it. Helps the 60’ times kills the upper end o-well.

·
Registered
697 Posts
nightstang said:
what do you guys think I should get I have been throwing around the idea of getting the power programmer but with the price of the programmer or I could get any 2 of these(wanted the hypertech for when I get my gears but I was thinking of just getting a speed cal what do you guys think

densecharger(tb to fender)160
steeda underdrives 170
70mm tb 190
I say, get the pulleys and make your own cold air pipe. Skip the throttle body, it will do nothing on an N/A application. And I dunno if I'd waste the money on the powerprogrammer especially if you are planning on a chip in the future but that's up to you. I think a chip will definitely do more for you than a powerprogrammer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts