Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting one, and does it cause a crazy idle? If it's not worth it I'll keep the stock unit in, Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
I honestly would not hook an aftermarket MAF to the stock airbox, so I think you should get a Densecharger instead.

Or, save a little more and get GEARS!

Jeff

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How in the owrld are you getting a 106 trap speed with exhaust gears, and other minor stuff, thats good for 12's

·
Registered
864 Posts
FiveSpeedGT said:
How in the owrld are you getting a 106 trap speed with exhaust gears, and other minor stuff, thats good for 12's
He's got an '02. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
an '02 has a bit more compression than mine and a 85mm mass air, wow-wee so that makes like 30-40 more hp? or more?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I LOVE my C&L meter. I felt a really nice gain from it. Felt like the car could finally breathe. I'll put my vote in for it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm with you FiveSpeed, Let's see the that timeslip nomore4

I'm sure you've been questioned on this before.

BTW - FiveSpeed I wouldn't worry about a C&L unless you got everything else first. Do you have 4.10's?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do a search he has posted the slip. Hard to believe the car is that fast on goodyears.

·
Registered
556 Posts
YOU PEOPLE!

I already posted the timeslip. It's for real.

I am not lying! I am one of you, really. I will help as many people as I can.

The combination of mod I have is VERY good.

I do not have an aftermarket MAF meter.

For a setup like mine, NUFF SAID! Don't waste your money!

Jeff

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I felt a nice SOTP feel when I put on mine. Its a nicely designed package IMO.

If your looking for one, PM me. I am going to a Pro M 83 with my Vortech, so I am gonna sell my C&L. If your interested...:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TruBlu01 said:
I'm with you FiveSpeed, Let's see the that timeslip nomore4

I'm sure you've been questioned on this before.

BTW - FiveSpeed I wouldn't worry about a C&L unless you got everything else first. Do you have 4.10's?
TruBlu, I have the stock 3.27's, and Am going to stay that way for a while.I'm looking into a 80mm MAF, or Headers when the tranny is pulled to replace the throw-out bearing. Also adding a FMS 11" upgrade clutch.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I see I hit a nerve. If you don't like getting asked about it take it out of your sig. I would have to see it to believe it. That is all I'm saying...see I have the same mods you do and I can't touch that time or MPH. I know the tracks around there are fast...but 106 mph??? That is probably 280 rwhp at the wheels. If you did it good for you, just don't act surprised when people question it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
nomore4bangers said:
YOU PEOPLE!

I already posted the timeslip. It's for real.

I am not lying! I am one of you, really. I will help as many people as I can.

The combination of mod I have is VERY good.

I do not have an aftermarket MAF meter.

For a setup like mine, NUFF SAID! Don't waste your money!

Jeff
Dont worry about the skeptics- theres many on this site that think your full of bs if you do something they cant do with their mustang- its all an ego thing. And then they ask to post a time slip:rolleyes:

About the C&L - I had one- idle was fine- made 12rwhp when used with the vortech- I am sure it will be less with a NA engine- but I do think you will pick around maybe 3-5hp from it. I do agree with the others that I would go after the gears first- but if you dont want them then I say go for the C&L.

Good luck!!
Sg

·
Registered
420 Posts
TruBlu01 said:
I see I hit a nerve. If you don't like getting asked about it take it out of your sig. I would have to see it to believe it. That is all I'm saying...see I have the same mods you do and I can't touch that time or MPH. I know the tracks around there are fast...but 106 mph??? That is probably 280 rwhp at the wheels. If you did it good for you, just don't act surprised when people question it.
I dont know why thats so hard to believe- I am sure he has a bit more hp then you- its an 02. Plus he's .5 lower et then you. Most mustangs running 12.9's are getting that trap speed- he's only .2 from that. :confused:

sg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Went to Carlsbad Raceway last weekend with a friend, he has a 2002. His first pass EVER, and on that bad of a track, he did a 14.73X. Did I mention FIRST TIME EVER on the strip? Short shifting below 5k and all. Was tempted to ask if I could take it down, but the car didn't even have 1k on the clock yet, and the lines were moving slow.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Carlsbad.. Has got to be the worst track known to man. DR's are required there to get any kind of traction in a stang.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts