Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum but not new to Mustangs. I like what I see here. Y'all seem like some good folks. I recently joined the Wild Horse Mustang Club out of Beaumont, TX. I have a Silver(supposed to be light Titanium Frost) 1990 LX 5.0 with the AOD trans, which I purchased about 3 months ago. It's a pretty nice little car that really just needs some TLC, which it has been receiving.
Okay, now the fun stuff. It has 3.73:1 axle ratio, GT-40X heads, Cobra intake, E-303 cam, Doug's Racing shorty headers, C&L CAI, BBK stainless H-pipe non-catted, aluminum driveshaft, and sub-frame connectors. The EGR has already been deleted along with all of the smog junk. I did not install any of this but I have been busy getting it to run right. I have rebuilt all of the vacuum lines. I found that the IAC adjuster plate was installed backwards. I have slotted and adjusted the TPS, and reset the idle.
I have removed and repainted the window trip, mirrors, and wipers. I have repainted the top of the doors. I repainted (half-assed) the black areas on the front fascia. I repainted the wheel center caps. Somebody had the car repainted with single-stage silver and it looks like a cheap $999 job. I wet-sanded and buffed the hood, roof, and wing on the hatchback so that it has a bit of a reflection in the paint but it's gonna get a new paint job eventually.
I replaced the water pump along with the gaskets for the timing cover. I have pressure washed a metric shi-ton of oily dirt build up under the front which seems to have come from a leaking power steering pump.
It's running pretty good now, and actually idles without dying when I put it into gear. Unfortunately, it has the excellent feature where the front brake calipers rattle. This will be remedied shortly.
For the future endeavors, I have a 1998 mustang V6 that I had already swapped an 8.8 rear axle assembly into and it's just begging to donate all of the 5-lug stuff but I'm not in a huge hurry for that since I'm really starting to like the LX 5.0 look with the 16" Ponies. I have never ran a car down the 1/4 mile but intend to make this one my first. And I have got to get the speedometer gear set changed in the AOD because it's off by about 7 MPH at 75 and this drives me nuts! LOL
Personally, I'm a process operations supervisor and work for a large refinery. I have been married for 24 years in November and have 2 awesome grandchildren. I have owned a Black & Gold 1984 Mustang Predator GT-302, a Yellow 1999 Mustang GT (coupe?) hardtop, and a 2004 Mustang GT convertible.
I look forward to participating in many discussions and showing off my car with y'all. Pics coming soon.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome! You already have a great start on a bad a$$ ride.What have you done to the trans? Roger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts