Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST PURCHASED NEW o.e.m. quarter windows and AM LOOKING FOR ADVISE FROM ALL ON WHAT ALL WILL NEED REMOVED TO PROPERLY GET INTO THE BACK OF MY QUARTER WINOWS ON MY HATCH BACK.
Will I need to remove the top of the back seat?How difficult are the rear plastic sides to remove and reinstall?
Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I do know you are going to have to pull out that trim in the car around them. And I think you will also need to pull the top of the seats seeing how they are designed and set up. Its not hard to do either of those two really, just take your time and think before you move. After that I think the glass bolts in.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I just got done installing a set.

I didn't take out the plastic, just took out all the screws and pulled it back. There are about 9 3/8" nuts that hold eachwindow in, along with a sealer. You will have to pry pretty hard to get the windows out.

Look on the back of your new ones and you should be able to figure it out......

I did not remove the rear seats, just flipped them down.

·
Registered
797 Posts
, oh, and I removed the seat belts where they attach to the top of the body. The plastic is held by screws. You will also have to take off the metal piece across the top of the hatch area that holds the plastic sides up.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What did you use to pry the moulding back? One of those window moulding removal tools or a screwdriver?

What kind of sealer do you use after you put the window back in?

One more question...To get a good paint job would you recommened me take the 1/4 windows out?

Thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
1. Screwdriver and my hands. Press on the window from the inside as you pry/'pull.

2. I just used 3M ribbon window sealer. It is a tarry strip of Butyl caulk that you use on older cars to put the front window in.

3. Yes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts